|16: ғɪɴᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴍᴀ sᴛᴇᴀʟ ᴀ ᴅᴏɴᴜᴛ|

"(Y/N)! It feels like ages since I last saw you!" After knocking on the door of my tia's house, I was hugged by the woman, which got uncomfortable as she seemed like she wanted to suffocate me.

"Camila, you're going to suffocate her." I heard a voice coming from behind my tia just before she took a step back. My tio walked up to me and ruffled my hair. "Hey kiddo!"

"Why do you always have to do that whenever you see me?" I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away.

"Why not? Also, who's your friends?" He asked, looking behinds me. I looked at the two, who looked back at me awkwardly. 

"Oh, that's Camilo and Mirabel Madrigal." I stated, forgetting that they basically ruled the Encanto.

"Oh, them.." It all went quiet until my tia giggled.

"How about you guys come inside already? I'll make you some tea."

We all walked into the living room and sat down onto the couch as Tia Camila ran to the kitchen to make the tea, as she promised.

"So... you look different. Did you dye your hair black?" My tio asked Camilo as he groaned in annoyance. "Uh, did I say something wrong?" He looked at me as I giggled.

"Okay, so before Camilo got here, he shapeshifted into someone else. But the magic doesn't work here so he was stuck as that person." I explained for the boy before my tio nodded. 

"Interesting, and um... why are you all here again?"

I explained to my tio and tia that Bruno disappeared, the Casita was breaking, and that we needed some more info on him. I was nearly done explaining when Camilo choked on his tea.

"You came here to find out about Bruno?!" He gasped as I hit his shoulder. (Of course it wasn't hard, I'm not that violent.)

"This is why we didn't invite you. But anyways, you two used to be friends with Bruno, so is there anything that you know that would help us?" I questioned. 

They both looked burried into their thoughts before my tia's eyes widened. "Oh! I remember we did this ritual with him one time. Hm, What was it about again?" She asked her husband.

"I think I remember it showed Mirabel about to get her gift, then the door started to break and everything went black or something." He explained, trying to think again.

"Right, since we left before that day we never got to see what happened. Hey Mirabel, did something go wrong at your gift ceremony?" Tia Camila looked towards Mirabel who looked worried, and then looked down at the ground.

"I-I didn't get a gift." She muttered as my tia frowned.

"So I'm guessing it all started from there" She said, noticing Mirabel looking sadder. "But hey, obviously you're just too good for a gift." She smiled as the curly haired girl grinned back.

"Ahem, anyways, is there anything else we should know?" Camilo interrupted again, clearly wanting to leave.

"Hm, I guess whatever the reason was, It might be because of how badly he was treated by the villagers." My tio Juanito mentioned as I raised a brow.

"What do you mean?"

"Pretty much all of his visions weren't the best, and when people had a bad prophecy, they would kinda lash out on him. So that could've been the reason why he left."

It all went quiet for five seconds until Camilo spoke up. "Wow, it's getting late already." I looked at the clock and noticed it was five thirty. It wasn't too late but we were getting bored here.

"Right, we're gonna go now since we have plans. Bye guys!" I waved as Camilo and Mirabel were the first to get up.

"Bye, I hope you find out what's going on with Bruno! Or whatever you were talking about..." My tia grinned.

We stepped out of the home and I closed the door behind us three. "Hey (Y/N), I thought you said your tia was 'a bit off'?" Mirabel mentioned which made me notice; my tia was acting different today. She's actually way more hyper than this most of the time, so I wondered what happened.

"Yea, she's acting different than usual..." My voice faded when I remembered something. "Oh! I'll be right back!" I ran into the house and found the woman eating a donut at the dining table.

"(Y/N), I thought you left?" She looked at me, confused as I walked towards her.

"I-I had one more question." 

I explained to her how my parents suspiciously left me and my brother at the Encanto, and what I saw not too long ago at my house. "So, do you know why my parents have been acting strange, or what happened earlier? Because this whole thing is confusing me." I groaned in exhaustion as she stared at me nervously. She clearly knew something.

"I uh- fine, I think it's time for you to know the truth." She ate one bite out of her donut, then looked back up at me. "Your parents are part of the-" 

"(Y/N), Let's go!" Camilo impatiently yelled from the foyer.

"Shut up!" I shouted back, looking back at my tia. "They wha-"

"Nevermind, I'm a bad explainer haha... you should ask your abuela." She nervously smiled as I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, fine. But I'm taking one of these." I grabbed a mini donut and walked out the door to find the two teens.

☾︎

Heyy! Just a quick thanks for reading this far <3 

I'm gonna be away for a week so before that I'm trying to post as much chapters as I can so I can enjoy my vacation, or whatever it is. See ya in the next chapters!

~Jasmine