|10: ᴊᴜsᴛ sɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ, ɪᴛ's ᴇᴀsʏ|

She blinked as I flicked her on the forehead out of annoyance.

"Ouch, what was that for?"

"Don't just assume things like that, Maria. Y'know I'm aloud to have multiple friends, don't you?"

☾︎

Finally, after all the packing and a bit of unpacking, I could meet up with Mirabels soon. But for now, I had to help the younger boys set up their beds.

"Mateo, let's go jump on your bed!"

Luckily, I finished putting on the bed sheets before they crashed onto it and were probably about to ruin it again. I sighed and walked towards Dominic's bed on the other side of the room to lay down for a minute.

This house was much bigger than our old house, which had three bedrooms. When me and my brother came over in the summer, we had to share a room with Dominic and Bianca.

But this house had five bedrooms. Well, if you count the rooms in the basement that is. Me, Bianca, and her parents took the three bedrooms upstairs, Dominic and Mateo shared a room in the basement and Andre had the room next to them.

"Guys, abuela's here!" I heard Andre shout from upstairs, as the two boys beside me beamed with excitement and ran out of the room

☾︎

"How's the arepas doing cariña?" I looked at my tía who stood across the kitchen, finishing cooking the empanadas.

"Pretty good actually, I have a few more to fry and then we should be done for supper!"

She smiled, "Good job, I'll set the table since I just finished." I watched as she walked to the cupboard to grab some plates for the table, then I looked back at the arepas and flipped them over. Once they finished cooking, I set them onto the table, unexpectedly finding my abuela already seated in a chair.

"Oh, hola abuela! You scared me." I sighed as she only chuckled.

"The food looks good, did you make all of that?" She raised an eyebrow, looking down at the food and back at me.

"Well uh, tía Nica made the empanadas of course, I can't make two things at once. But yeah, I made the arepas!" I grinned before shouting at the rest of my familia to come eat.

Of course, they didn't come until abuela started yelling, which was scary.

Chatter filled the room as everyone entered the dining room and sat down to eat. They made jokes, talked between mouthfulls of food, even Dominic tried to start a food fight by throwing an empanada at Bianca, who threw the food back harshly.

Though I couldn't stop thinking about the fact I should be helping Mirabel. But even if I did, how exactly was I supposed to be helpful?

That's when I had an Idea, for once. My abuela was around the same age as Alma Madrigal, she might've known atleast something about Bruno if she's been in the encanto for most her life.

"Hey, abuela, I kinda have a question..." I whispered quietly enough so only she could hear, as she hummed in response.

"I know I shouldn't be talking about this, but... Do you happen to know anything about Bruno Madrigal?" She stopped eating for a moment to think, then turned back to face me.

"Well, all I really know about him is that he made some dark prophecies. But if you wanna see someone who knows a lot about him, you should ask your tía Camilla and your tíos, Aaron and Alejo."

"You mean the ones in Bogotá? But I would have to go out of the encanto again, tío would never allow that!"

"We'll I'm sorry (Y/N), but there isn't much I can do about that." She sighed, taking another bite of her arepa until her eyes suddenly widened. "Unless..." She turned her head back to me, whispering.

"Unless... What?" I stared at her until she continued.

"You could always sneak out~" She mischievously grinned, but I rolled my eyes.

"I-I can't... I'm not ready for that at all."

"Then prepare, if you want to." She said, picking up her now empty plate and placing it into the sink.

☾︎

That thought kept me up nearly all night.

Or maybe it was the fact that I had to sleep in this unfamiliar room. Speaking of unfamiliar, all this went by so fast. Most of my positive memories took place in that home. Sure it wasn't the best home, but it was comfortable. And I still find it hard to believe we already moved out within two days.

But forget that, now I had to focus on how I was supposed to go find my tía and tíos home without letting any of my family members know. But this city I had to go to, is the capital of Colombia. First, I had to find the exit out of the Encanto. Yes I knew where it is, but it would take a while to walk to it.

Next, well actually I should've put this first, I had to find an excuse to be gone for the entire day, or two. Though I'm pretty good at coming up with excuses, so that shouldn't be too bad. And then, I had to find out where my familia in Bogotá lives.

Wait, nevermind, I already know their address. So I guess, I should be fine. If I go, anyways. I sighed in exhaustion and drifted off to sleep until I heard meowing from behind my bedroom door.

"Ugh... I'm coming." I opened the door as my cat walked into my new room and brushed himself against my leg. I scooped him up and placed him carefully onto the bed, before I tiredly fell on the bed and fell asleep, finally.

☾︎

A/N:

Sorry these chapters take so long to come out, this one kept on getting deleted AND I had another writers block. But I won't now since this part of the story is something I spent lots of time planning about!!!

~𝓙𝓪𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮