|15: ɪ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ|

"Finally! Where were you?" Mirabel asked as me and Camilo entered the room.

"I bought food. It's like one o'clock so why not?" I said, placing the food on a medium sized table near the wall.

"Oh, gotcha..." Her smile faded when she noticed the man standing beside me, looking around the room. "Who's this?"

I looked at him, and answered her before he could. "Oh this? Yea this is your annoying cousin who decided to follow us here." I explained. Mirabel looked at him like he was some ghost as he flashed me a annoyed look.

"I'm not even gonna ask..."

☾︎

"Okay, we're gonna have to go to my tía's place now, so wear this." I threw the clothes that I bought for Mirabel on her bed before she took them and walked to the bathroom.

"So... Where even is your tía's house?" Camilo suddenly asked, as my eyes widened. How could I be so stupid?

That's right, I forgot her address.

I sat on my bed, thinking of how the hell I was supposed to deal with my current problem. Camilo sat on the bed beside me and tapped my shoulder. "Are you gonna answer my question or what?"

Aha, my mamá always kept this piece of paper on the fridge. On it she wrote the addresses of relatives or close friends. I never knew why, something to do with emergencies.

"This is sudden, but we'll have to go to my house to find-" I was interrupted when Mirabel opened the door, looking stunning in her new outfit. Jean shorts and a white t-shirt.

"That looks good on you, prima!" The man (Camilo) smiled at her as she thanked him.

"Thanks! (Y/N) really has some taste in clothes."

I explained to them why we had to go to my house first, which thankfully wasn't like explaining new inventions and crap.

"Didn't you mention at the sleepover that your parents didn't want you to look for them? What if we get caught?" Mirabel asked.

"It's Tuesday afternoon. They'll be at work still. But if they aren't, I'll just have to sneak in. Somehow." I explained. Then I noticed, Camilo walking towards the door.

"Enough talking, let's go."

"Don't act like the leader or anything, you have no idea where you're going."

☾︎

"You two can hide in the corner there. Don't you dare try to come in or make any noise." I told the two cousins, who nodded and did so.

We made it to my house after some time. Sadly they kept on stopping during the walk to look at stores. I wasn't quite sure if my parents were home, but it seemed like they werent which was a good thing.

I quietly opened the back door to my house and slipped inside, looking around the kitchen. Nothing changed, it was as if no one had visited the building since I left.

I looked towards the fridge and noticed the piece of paper I was hoping was still there. I smiled and grabbed it, just before the front door opened.

"I know, now shut up. We dont need this mission to be any more stressful." A familiar voice rang through the house. I dashed behind the fridge since there was some space between it and the door. I peeked into the living room and saw my father. He was standing beside a few other men; all of them were dressed in suits.

"Bur sir, Imagine if anyone found it about this." My father looked irritated. One man looked worried and the others seemed emotionless.
I gotta go...

I silently walked towards the open back door and prayed they wouldn't notice or hear me.

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT THE F-" My father stopped as the door made a noise when I closed it behind me. "Someones here, check upstairs!" He demanded as I ran into the backyard and towards Mirabel and Camilo.

"We have to go, now!" I whisper-yelled, speed walking into the driveway as they followed behind.

"What happened?" Mirabel asked, noticing the glint of worry in my eyes.

"I'll tell you later, just hurry!"

☾︎

"Wow, totally not suspicious at all." Camilo said, as Mirabel rolled her eyes.

"Hey (Y/N), are there any buses around here? I'm getting kinda tired of walking~" Mirabel groaned. I was so lost in ny thoughts I didn't realize how tired I was.

"There might be a taxi, let's go find one."