|35: ᴍᴀʀɪᴀ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴇʙᴀᴄᴋ|

I was expecting this day to be way too sunny, due to Pepa's emotions. But then I remembered that a few things had changed. Pepa could choose when to control the weather, so that her gift didn't affect her emotional health anymore. Dolores could decide how much she wanted to hear. Like adjusting a speaker. I missed this one, but before the house broke down Isabela gained the ability to not just summon flowers, but also plants.

I was walking to the nearest crystal shop since Andre had been asking me to get him some. For some reason. Since I was interrupted by doing so last time. Once I reached the only store I could find, I was just about to grab the doorknob before someone shouted my name.

"Hey (Y/N)!" A familiar someone ran up to me, her wavy hair bouncing as I silently sighed. She's back.

"Oh, hi Maria. . ." I awkwardly waved and smiled. 

"Wow where have you been? I barely saw you all week." She stated, running a hand through her hair as she stopped in front of me.

"Busy, lot's of family stuff to attend." 

"Lies." Maria spoke again, and this time I froze. I was only hoping she didn't know about my trip to Bogotá. I couldn't let anyone else know. But thankfully, she didn't. "You've been hanging out with the Madrigals."

I couldn't make up an excuse for that, since it was obviously true. "I know, I was joking. But how did you know that?"

"People saw you eating supper with them at the engagement party. And you were hanging out with them publicly multiple times. In fact, now that people notice you, you've got a whole cult of admirers." She explained with a serious expression. Though I didn't believe it.

"Hold up, WHAT?" I asked, my eyebrows narrowing. She only pointed across the street from us. And there stood a not so small crowd of not only teen boys, but even girls eyeing me. And these weren't glares. These were quite the opposite. 

"Are you good? You've been standing there for nearly a minute." Maria's voice shook me out of my thoughts.

"Absolutely not. Damn, the thing I liked about being in the Encanto was not having a whole school crush over me." I groaned and placed a hand on my face.

"You had a whole school crush over you?" She questioned, and I nodded with shame. "Oh, but that's not why I'm here actually-"

"Let me guess, Camilo problems?" I predicted.

"Yup. I just don't understand why he chooses to hang out with you instead of me." She said as her eyes softened.

Maybe because I'm not you? "Don't worry, I'll try to get rid of him." I looked over her shoulder to see Camilo, as a sly grin formed on my lips. "In fact, I'll make it up to you. Right now."

☾︎

This is so random but like- 💀

DO YALL LIKE UR MEN SUBDOMINANT OR DOMINANT? It's for writing purposes. I swear. Don't say "whatever you want" though because that doesn't help me at all 😭

WELP HAPPY NEW YEAR!