|17: ᴛᴀɴɢᴀ!!!|

For most of the car ride I only stared out the window rather than speaking with the Madrigals. I had hundreds of questions in my mind. Like what were my parents part of? And what's so dangerous about it that they had to leave? Also, how come my mom wasn't at home with my dad?

I snapped out of my thoughts, trying not to think about it too much knowing no ones gong to answer all of them.

"You good?" I looked at Camilo, who appeared somewhat different.

"Oh, yea. Just confused." He definitely looked different. His hair seemed curlier, his hair became more brown than black, and his eyes became a slight different color. If him and this random villager had a child, it would look like this.

He noticed me staring and smirked. "What? Got staring issues?"

"What, no. But uh, I think the magic is wearing off." I stated, as he gave me a confused look.

"What?" He asked. Mirabel looked closely at him and agreed.

"Yea, you should look in the mirror when we get back."

☾︎

"Hell yes!" Camilo cheered, staring at his different reflection in the bathroom mirror. Me and Mirabel stood at the doorframe, watching him for some reason.

"Awe, I miss the other guy." I joked.

"Please shut u-"

"No." He was interrupted be the girl beside me. Camilo rolled his eyes, walked out of the bathroom and sat on a chair.

"Now that we've got some information on this whole thing, what now?" He asked, looking up at me with curious eyes.

"Yea, I was hoping we would do more, considering this is the first time we've been outside of our hometown." Mirabel agreed, looking at me as well. "Any ideas, (Y/N)?" She interrogated.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I was thinking we could take a late night walk around the city now that it's night." I suggested as Mirabel ran towards her bag and grabbed her wallet.

"What're we waiting for, then?"

☾︎

"Holy swizz." Camilo gasped when we left the hotel, looking around at the bright buildings that lit up the night.

"Right? I never get to do this, strict parents are a pain in the ass." I laughed and continued walking down the sidewalk. "We'll keep walking for now. If you see a place your interested in going to then let me know."

We walked for about a few minutes, as the two looked around with admiration in their eyes. Then Mirabel stopped me and pointed to a neon colored building. "What's inside this one?" I looked closer at the building and widened my eyes when realized what it was.

"Who cares, let's go-" Camilo started to walk towards it when I grabbed the back of his ruana and pulled him back.

"No, that's a strip club, which I shouldn't have to explain. And hey, don't we have to buy you some new clothing?" I questioned as he groaned.

☾︎

"C'mon (Y/N)~ Why can't I choose the stuff?" He asked as I looked around the males section in a clothing store.

"Shut up Camilo, I know you too well to know you would choose something horrendous." The brown eyed girl snapped at her older cousin.

"She's right, pretty boy. I've only talked to you for nearly a week, yet I can agree." I ignored him when he continued to protest, but then stopped knowing I wasn't going to change my mind.

"Wait, did you just call me pretty boy?" He smirked, leaning closer to me.

"Yea, I did." I stated, smirking back. "Only because I thought it would get you to shut up, sadly it didn't." My smiled disappeared as I rolled my eyes and continued to look for some clothes, before I realized men in the store were giving me and Mirabel confused looks.

I bought him a bright yellow t-shirt and some baggy black jeans. It wasn't that different from his original outfit but no one really wears that anymore. One of the employees led him to the dressing rooms as me and Mirabel waiting at the front door.

They had a telephone on the wall next to the door, so I took this opportunity to call my friend I haven't seen in ages, since she lived in the Philippines. When I picked up the phone and dialed her number, Mirabel looked at me and tilted her head.

"What's that?" She asked, now looking at the device.

"It's a telephone, you use it to call people." I sighed, having enough of these questions.

"Oh, I've heard of those, no one ever made any in the Encanto though." She sighed before my friend finally answered the phone.

"I was planning to sleep longer, but you called! It's literally six thirty in the morning here, but I ain't gonna miss your calls." She yawned as I chuckled. "Anyways, how's your trip?"

I briefly explained to her all this 'drama' I've had to deal with for the past week. Thankfully she knew about the Encanto and the Madrigals, so I didn't have to explain anything else.

"Damn, that's tough. Y'know your Dad usually acted a bit suspicious whenever I saw h-" She stopped speaking when she heard Camilo starting to talk.

"Okay, I'm done. Can we go now?"

"Ooh~ Is that your boyfriend in the background?" She laughed. For once I was glad no one could hear her.

"Hindi tanga! Si Camilo iyon, at hindi kami ganoon." I objected in Tagalog, so no one knew what I was talking about.

"O, talaga?"

"Talaga! Sige, bye (F/N)!" I hung up and sighed, before turning to the boy. The first thing I noticed was the change of his face. He looked more like himself now, yet his eye and hair color were still darker. The clothes I picked fit him pretty well though.

"Looking good, Camilo." I crossed my arms and grinned.

"Thanks, but I'm hungry now."