|1: ᴄᴏɴɢʀᴀᴛs, ʏᴏᴜᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴅɪsᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ!|

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 (𝓨/𝒩) & ℳ𝒶𝓉ℯℴ,
𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑤𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑛𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐸𝑛𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑜. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑒'𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑡. 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒.

ℒℴ𝓋ℯ, ℳ𝒶.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of birds chirping outside the window. I barely got any sleep last night. Well, sure I don't get much sleep all the time. But last night I couldn't stop thinking of the letter and what it could possibly mean.

It's not everyday that you receive a letter saying "congratulations! You won't be seeing your parents ever again." 

But anyways, when I woke up my pillow was wet? "Ugh.. What kind of nightmare did I have last night?" I whispered so that my cousins wouldn't wake up, then I flipped my pillow around and stared at the ceiling. ( I got top bunk by the way)

It was probably around eight in the morning. I would never wake up this early on a vacation. And the worst part was that I didn't know what to do without waking up my cousins.

Think (Y/N). What's something your good at doing?

I looked at Arepa, Who was fast asleep at the corner of my bed. I'm also surprised that he's not awake. I usually wake up to him screeching at the top of his lungs at 6 AM.

Oh! Maybe I could cook some arepas...

Then I looked back at my cousins, who were all sleeping. 

Hm, I'll just have to be quiet.

If I can-

I was just about to step down the bunk bed ladder when I saw arepa sitting down and looking up at me.

I guess you can come too..

I picked him up and put him on my shoulder before making my way out of the bedroom. Which was a success, for once. 

☾︎

"And... Done!" I announced as I took the last arepa off of the cooking pan and placed it on a plate with the others. Arepa, (THE CAT) who was watching me on the counter sniffed at the food, but I softly shoved his head away.

"Those aren't for you, Arepa. You have your self." I say, grabbing one arepa and took a bite.

"Mm, good as always." I mumbled before carrying the cat and placing him on the ground so that he can't try and eat my food when I'm not looking.

I walked around the kitchen island and sat on a stool, looking out the window as I ate more arepas. I opened it so I could feel the morning air on my face. But just as I did so, I heard... Music? Suddenly, a small group of kids appeared on the pathway infront of my home, and they seemed to be following Mirabel Madrigal, who appeared to be singing about her family, as always. 

I felt bad that she never got a gift. She's probably sad too, but she doesn't show it? How can someone give off that much happy vibes? 

I decided to stop thinking about it and focus on what she was saying, maybe I could get to know the familia madrigal more.

"There's so many people!"  One kid exclaimed.

"How do you keep them all straight?"

They're not straight-

"Okay okay okay okay! So many kids in this house, but let's turn the sound up! Y'know why? I think it's time for a grand kid round up!" Mirabel began singing again as more villagers joined in after her.

"Cousin Dolores, Can hear a pin drop!" A girl with brown curly hair in a high bun stood beside Mirabel and raised her hand by her ear.

"Camilo shapeshifts!" As she said that, a pretty boy across the street who appeared to be my age, shapeshifted into a babies mother so he could watch the baby and the real mother could rest. It was like time froze when he shapeshifted back into himself and noticed me staring at him. He smiled and waved before I slightly blushed and waved back.

This isn't time for boys, (Y/N).

"Antonio gets his gift today! My older sisters, Isabela and Luisa!" She sang, heading towards two ladies down the road. "One strong one graceful, perfect in every way!"

"Isabela~" The villagers joined in harmony which sounded.. Absolutely amazing.

"Grows a flower the town goes wild!" The said women looked incredibly beautiful as she twirled in circles and flowers grew around her. I always wished my looks were more similar to hers.

The crowd was further away from the house now, so I couldn't hear them anymore. I looked back where that madrigal boy was, but he was no longer there. 

He must've gone somewhere else

"Boo."

Suddenly, someone appeared at the corner of the window I was staring out of.

"JEEZ, You scared the living shit out of me" When I realized it was him, I gasped then covered my mouth with my hand. "Oh- sorry about that!"

"Nah that's fine, Plus I should be sorry for scaring you like that." He nervously chuckled as I started giggling before someone called for him.

"Awe~ I gotta go, I'll see you around!" He shouted and ran off towards casita.

I watched him leave before I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Oh, I see you've finally got yourself a boyfriend, (N/N)." Andres, who was standing by the staircase smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"Andres, this is the only time I've ever talked to that boy."

"Wait what? But I thought when you were younger- never mind."

I had no idea what he was talking about, but I shrugged it off. He sat down on a stool beside me and I grabbed another arepa.

"Want some?" 

☾︎