|33: ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴘʜᴏᴛᴏʙᴏᴍʙᴇʀ|

Ya'll I think I'm attracted to cute, dorky, mixed, curly haired boys with a weird sense of humor. (Yes Micah and Camilo, I'm talking 'bout you.)

☾︎

Me and Camilo Madrigal made eye contact for a bit longer. Analyzing his face, I realized that something about him was slightly different. I guess you could say he looked somewhat more masculine. It could've been the cause of shapeshifting. Maybe he was so used to looking younger that his looks didn't change much when he shifted back to himself.

I cleared my throat and looked at the dark cloudy sky. "It's getting late, let's go somewhere else." He nodded and stood up with me. He also seemed a bit taller. As before he was my height, now he was an inch or two taller than me. 

Was he hotter now? Sure. But hotter than the other guy he was stuck as before? Never.

"Mateo, give the damn pencil back." I raised my voice at my younger brother as he and Dominic ran around with a pencil, tossing it to each other. 

Turns out the family was looking for Mirabel. They found her the next morning though at last. Not just her, but Bruno too. Turns out he was misunderstood. Me and Camilo had suggested to the villagers that they'd help build their home again. Since the people of this town are very fond of the family, they couldn't help but accept.

Now we had the base of the walls and flooring though. The thing is, I was given the job along with senora Alma of sketching the interior walls. I had almost finished when my brother decided to steal the pencil I was using. The bad news? I had to finish it before they finished this first room.

Alma cleared her throat. "Boys, give it back." The two looked towards her in shock, then surrendered the item.

"Thanks, senora." I grinned, heading back to work. I looked around the area, spotting Camilo holding a shovel, not knowing what to do. Once he caught my gaze, he soon smirked and tried to do some trick with the tool in his hands. Spoiler alert; He failed miserably by dropping it on the floor. Camilo gasped and looked around to see if anyone noticed.

☾︎

And surprisingly, after an entire day of hard work, the town had finished rebuilding the home. It wasn't perfect, but it would do for now. As now, all of the villagers were standing in a crowd near the house, as the Madrigals stood in front of it. Watching Mirabel as she stepped closer to her abuela. 

The elder muttered something in Spanish, then held out a new doorknob in front of her. "What do you see?" She asked ever so softly. Mirabel smiled, a tear escaping her eye.

"I see... me." 

Now I don't want to ruin the wholesome vibe here, but I'm still trying to figure out what the hell was so emotional about the doorknob. Maybe it's because I wasn't close enough to find out.

The girl walked slowly to the door, pressed the new shining knob into the door. At this point I would've left so I could take a twenty four hour nap. But as soon as Mirabel turned the doorknob, beaming magic light glowed from the door, spreading across the entire house like a wave of glitter. If you looked away for five seconds, you would've completely missed it.

One of the windows opened and swung back and forth, as if waving. Mirabel raised her hand to wave. "Welcome back, casita!"

Once it all vanished, a glowing gold portrait of the Madrigal family was on the front door. They swung open, and I nearly got ran over by the crowd rushing inside. I got annoyed and waited at the side of the house for them all to get their selves in. That didn't work. Because a familiar boy grabbed my hand and took me inside.

Inside of the house was... rather interesting. Donkeys were serving coconut water, Isabela was flooding the room with plants, and there was a cloud above the foyer with hail falling down on everyone. It was confusing, but still pretty cool, considering almost no one here has experienced it before.

Folk music began to play, and people started to dance. If you ask me, it was way more of a party now. And of course, the person holding my hand was no other than Camilo. We talked at the back of the room for not even a minute. When suddenly the floor tiled shifted, causing him to fall backwards.

I chuckled as he got dragged into a family photo that took place somewhat near me. "Everyone, together!"

The family smile and shouted, "La familia Madriga-!" The tiles shifted again, causing the family to move closer together. But since I was slightly near them, the floor turned into what seemed like a tsunami, accidently throwing me closer to the family.

The picture was overall funny. The family's bodies were slightly blurred because of how hard they got squished together. And the tiles seemed to float in the air. But in the right corner? You'll see a girl getting thrown side ways, mid air, slurping a drink out of a coconut, messy hair nearly covering her face. That's me.

☾︎

I deeply apoligize for any mistakes! This was rushed bc I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to those who have been patient with my updates! It's crazy how on this night, one year ago, I was watching Encanto for the first time. And I still can't believe how much of ya'll still simp for him. Anyways, have a good one!

~A/N