Chapter 26 - the golden house

Start from the beginning

"Wow... this is the golden house? It looked impressive enough from the outside... but who would've guessed that it was even fancier on the inside... and so full of Mora!!!", Paimon exclaims.

Lyra merely sighs. "Stay on track. We are here for the Exuvia. Not the Mora." With that, Paimon stops getting close to the Mora and flies back to Aether and Lyra's side.

As they go further into the golden house, Paimon speaks up again. "It's quiet... too quiet. Surely someone's gotta be guarding something as important as the Exuvia." Looking around, they see unconscious Millelith guards.

"This is not good... we should hurry.", was all that Lyra said as she runs ahead. Paimon and Aether are quick to hurry after her.

Arriving at the Exuvia, nothing seems out of place. As Lyra doesn't move from her spot, both Aether and Paimon follow her lead, trusting her to know what she's doing.

"You've already fulfilled your task as guides, so why do you still linger here? Haven't you already seen enough trouble for today?", says a voice from behind them. The trio quickly turns around. "Childe...", Lyra snarls.

"If you were Fatui, I imagine that you would be entitled to a generous reward from the Tsaritsa herself. But now, you're nothing but dross – and you're in my way.", Childe states.

Standing behind Aether and Paimon, Lyra quietly charges up an attack. 'It is risky... but knowing that he is a harbinger, I have no other choice... I call upon the eleventh, Yui', she thinks to herself.

"Looks like we were just in time, then.", Aether says to Childe. "Hah! Although I'm deeply grateful to you that I was able to effortlessly find this secret location... don't you think that trying to stop me now would just be wasted effort? Stopping the Mora mints, hiding away the Exuvia... hahaha, the Qixing are really pulling out all the stops this time..."

'Yes... keep on talking... I need to build up more energy...' "So you've been planning to take the Gnosis from inside the Exuvia all along?!", Paimon exclaims.

"As one of the eleven Fatui harbingers, it's my duty to see the will of the Tsaritsa fulfilled. She will get that which she desires.", Childe shrugs.

Finally, Lyra decides to speak up herself. "Not if I have anything to say about it." Just as she finishes talking, she steps to the side, now in full view of Childe as she fires her attack at him. 'Cursed energy!'

Childe, taken aback, barely dodges. Lyra holds back a flinch and the urge to cough due to her using her duality. "Oh, so you intend to fight me? Good. I won't kill you, Travellers. I'll just play along – to feel the thrill of battle! Besides, you could never defeat me. Not even in your wildest dreams. But hey, try to relish the fight anyway. Because if you ask me... without that, what else is there?"

Aether scoffs. "We could never defeat you?! You're completely delusional!", he exclaims. "Ahahahaha! Fighting talk, I love it! Now, let's see if you live up to it." Childe takes out his bow, ready to strike them.

"Paimon. Take cover!", Lyra exclaims as she takes out her polearm, spinning it quickly to block an arrow from Childe. Then she turns her head slightly towards Aether, talking in a quiet tone.

"Aether, you go on the offensive, I'll deal with the defensive and cover you." Once saying what she had wanted, she rushes towards Childe, feigning a strike.

Aether does as Lyra told him and hits Childe while he was focusing on Lyra. "Heh... you are quite the team... though it doesn't seem like a fair fight too me. Then again... this was never going to be a fair fight.", Childe comments, switching his bow for dual swords made of Hydro.