Money speaks

"Don't go, please. Stay." Your boyfriend wrapped his hands around your waist, placing his chin on the shoulder. He was staring right into your eyes.

You giggled before pushing him off. "Appa seemed serious, Jungkook. One of his old friends is coming home and he wants me there soon."

He crossed his arms and pouted," Until when we have to date behind your father's back? I really want to ask him for your hand but he just.. Argh! He's so intimidating."

"Don't worry. I love you for real and that's what matter." You smiled when he sighed. He said," I know because I won't let you go. But I don't think he likes me. My father is just an ordinary employee in his company. I'm trying so hard for this certain start up. I hope it works out. "

"Believe in yourself. Tell me, do you want something for Valentine's day?" You asked. He pecked the ridge of the shoulder and said," You. Only you."

You playfully hit his chest and laughed. "Enough of flirting. I gotta head out before appa finds it suspicious. See you at university, goodbye." You pecked his cheeks and got out of his small apartment.

Your white Bentley was parked in a shady, unhygienic alleyway. A quite reflect of how you both lived your lives respectively. Jungkook looked out of his window and knew that it would be so hard for him to actually face your father who was business tycoon.

He knew the risk of dating a billionaire's daughter. He got lucky that you were arrogant or self centred. You both knew each other since middle school and started dating in high school till now. The final year of high school was where you both lost virginity to each other. He was still blushing about reminiscing the night which happened years ago.

Jungkook was so tired of hiding from your father. He wanted to ask for your hand and since your mother was not in the picture anymore he knew it would be hard to bring sensitivity into the conversation. Apparently, with your appa he had to be a man who could lift the weight of your comfort.

Somehow he was worried. He was doing several part time jobs, balancing his study and love. He was also planning to launch a start up company with his friend Namjoon. He wished for everything to fall into right grooves so he could confidently walk in and take you away, all for himself.

Meanwhile you reached home and found out that your father wanted you to date his friend's son, Kim Seokjin. He was older than you by eight years, already an established entrepreneur as well as the only heir of Kim estates.

When they went away you had an argument.

"Appa, please. I don't wanna date. I'm too young for this."

He simply took a sip of his tea and said," Now you became a liar? I know you are dating that boy named Jeon but can he provide you everything you want. Be realistic. Life doesn't run on love."

"Love isn't materialistic. He's enough. If there's a need then I'll work to get money for myself." He suddenly gave you a glare and slammed his hand on the table.

He yelled," I shed my blood, sweat and tears to give my daughter a life of comfort but you fell in love with a rat who would hardly manage your expenses? If you had to work then what will he do? You deserve to be treated like a queen, just like your mother. Now, you are dropping down in standards?"

"I know Seokjin is a kindhearted man but Jungkook is better. He is doing his best. I trust him. He will become a great businessman. Give him time."

"I see millions of newcomers struggling to establish a company and only few succeed. I'll meet him only if he would gain my respect. You should choose someone who would overshadow me. I saw you in designer clothes all these year and for love you'll settle on knockouts? Was that my worth? Don't you dare think of him if he can't give you a better life than what I served. Is that clear Choi Y/N?!"