Bae: part 2- Apricity

You were mixing the chemical in test tubes when your senior, Sam entred in the laboratory with a sigh.

You put the tube in stand and went to her. "What happened in the meeting?"

She said," The executives did nothing to help. They liked the offered money and sold the pharma company."

"They can't do this. We did our best to scale up the sales in Australia."

"They can, Y/N. It's quite common for big companies to buy small company. The chairman of the company who bought us will be coming tomorrow for inspection."

You groaned. It's been a month since you came from Seoul and this happened. Thinking about your future it wasn't safe to work in this company for anymore days. There were rumors about the chairman being associated with underworld and you didn't wanted to get involved with it.

Since there was no specific leader in the department you thought about submitting the resignation letter to the new head then leave the company for better, in secret. You didn't wanted attention on your department.

With your qualifications you could easily get a job in any Asian country.

You called it a day. On coming home you drafted the letter and placed it in a white envelope. An hour later you went to a restaurant to have dinner and had a bottle of wine.

The next day you woke up late. In a hurry you cancelled a bath. You hurried to use the toilet. You were still wearing the same clothes while brushing your teeth. However the strong smell of alcohol was still present. Taking your pursue you only wore a different overcoat and boom, you look ready.

You grabbed a taxi to laboratory and on your way you sprayed the perfume in air. Even the driver thought you were crazy but only you knew how much important it was to maintain a good imagine otherwise they won't agree on your resignation.

You shoved your hand in the purse tk fetch the bills and gave it to the driver. You thankfully saw the white envelope kept perfectly inside the bag as you entred inside and showed your ID card on the sensor to scan the barcode.

The door opend and you saw everyone looking at you with a frown. "I'm sorry guys. I was helping my neighbors to babysit their daughter. She was a disaster."

You prayed to heaven that they would buy your lie. And they did. No one uttered a word. Sam saw followed you in the changing rooms and saw you opening your locker's door. Taking out the white coat you slipped into it.

She said," You're late. Everyone here met the new chairman. He is in the cabin. You should meet him first. That's the protocol."

"Sure, I will." You put the letter in the pocket before walking out. Taking the elevator you climbed on tenth floor where the cabin was situated.

When the door opened you walked down the corridor to the farthest wooden door with a golden plate.

CHAIRMAN

You took a deep breath before knocking twice. When a faint sound came you dared to go. The room was dark against the silver of light coming from the slight partition of curtains. The man was sitting on the chair while facing the window. You saw the glimpse of crossed legs as the chair was turned around.

You cleared your throat and walked closer to the desk. The clicks of heels were echoing in the silence. "Good morning. I'm the vice chief of the laboratory. I wanted to see you for specific purpose."

"What's the reason?" The deep and hoarse voice sounded so familiar but you couldn't dare to question him as he was the legal superior.

He closed his file when you said," I want you to accept the resignation. I want to go back to my country." You put it on the desk.