The Crown pt. 1

"Your majesty, Crown Princess is addressing the guests from Kim Kingdom."

One of the ministers peeked to see the expression on the king's face but it was blank. It was always stoic and stern, unpredictable. It was a necessary trait to disguise ones own thoughts and he mastered hat skill within months of becoming accustomed with the tricks and traps from enemies and close people.

The tips of the fingers adorned with rings were rhythmically tapping against the knob of the throne as he was in his deep thoughts. He closed his eyes.

The faces of heirs flashed in front of him. His second wife gave birth to his eldest daughter, Lee Ahyeon, the crown princess. Second to line was the daughter of his first wife, Lee Y/N.

As twisted as it seemed it was all real. The Queen had two miscarriage so the king didn't wanted to lose her. He married again because of the protests from public as well as internal battle among royalties to snatch the throne.

After two years of birth of his first baby the second queen announced her second pregnancy. However, she left the world during parturition. Prince Minseok was born in such way.

The crown princess was beloved. Her beauty, etiquettes and wisdom were well spread among great kingdoms. She was admirable and was an intellectual ideal for a women. Every man in the kingdom was smitten b her beauty.

Once a wise man said,' To make something small, compare it with something massive.'

And it applied on royal family.

Second princess's elder brother was a true prince, marked the epitome of governance just like his father. A true leader, fighter and an alpha man who thought about the kingdom before himself.

However he never liked Y/N's mother. Gradually the first queen passed away after few years too, leaving Y/N all alone in the guidance of her half siblings and maids. Since then she got raised differently.

It was raining since two days. The climate was humid and chilled. The thunderstorm was doing its part in terrifying majority of people living in mud.

The burning fireplace was giving warmth to the woman who was reading. The golden glow was lightening her room as she was sitting on the soft rug placed on the floor. The white fur was soft to her bare feets while her hefty breaths and frequent gulps simulated her heart rate.

If anyone barged in and saw her being the slightest princess like then she would be scolded. She had to learn it even if it's rare for her.

She never steps out of her room. Her bed was her safe place. It was her comfort zone. After all she wasn't the crown princess, she was just a princess. Locked up in a cage, sold against will to deal partnership between kingdoms to serve the kingdom with a respectable sacrifice.

Sacrifice of her feelings.

It was much worse for her elder sister who would later rule.

A knock on her door made her shut the covers together and hide the book under her white sprawled nightgown.

"Come in."

An old maid walked in with her usual smile. She bowed to the royal even if the girl had told her to not do it. "Greetings, princess Y/N. I have a message for you from the royal highness."

Her stomach dropped when she herad the mention of king aka her father although she had addressed formally because of two reasons. There was no doubt she was the epitome of her own mother. Respect comes first!

Another reason was her origin. Being raised like an orphan it felt lonely when the king couldn't spare her time. He was too busy to even meet Ahyeon but at least she was brave.