"hmmm... nothing. if interviews were given based on what happened, ill tell whats really going on about my finances and i bet since i made a careless remark like claiming you earlier, theyll ask that of me too. do you mind me telling or would it be more proper to just make a press conference about it?" i was surprise about myself making this remark. i was never like this bold before. i would rather hide in my condo and wallow in the depth of my psyche and berrate myself until ill be called out soon, would be my go to reaction but here i am, requesting a press-con for only just that.

"dont ask me love. im good whatever you decide as long as its not about leaving me, therell be no problem. im not the king of my own specie for nothing." he smiled at me. that toothy smile though. so cute.

"you may never know..." the door abruptly opened without warning and it showed no other than...

my mother...

scratch that...

foster mother...

adoptive mother?

whatever

her

me and arius was frozen on our seat with me still on his lap. i was about to stand up and be presentable but then again i was held down by two strong arms. i was caged on his lap with his eyes watching my 'mother' with a killing intent.

"i-im sorry sir." my pretentious mom timidly said. "i thought nhu would be here... alone. hi, dear."

dear?

if i hadnt gotten over my fear for them, i would be cowering under my shirt now and following her wherever she wanted me to. and that very same word that could have made the world to me but its too late now. i dont care anymore. though i had lingering feelings for them since theyre the ones who nurtured me but all that remained now was pain and hate. it would probably take a lifetime after i could say i forgive them.

 it would probably take a lifetime after i could say i forgive them

i only looked at her. no words. just look while seated on arius lap with his tight grip on my hips and my hands caressing it.

she cant help but turn red in anger since she didnt get the response she expected. "baby nhu, what are you doing on the ceos lap? its so shameful. lets go now. your sisters waiting." then right on cue, the holy sister of mine walked up behind her mom. apparently she maybe has been wondering whats the hold-up on the threshold.

"excuse me nhu." arius whispered on my ears. he scooted me over to the sofa and said, "stay. its okay." with that i was reassured. he saw me reach over to his personal fridge and pull out a small box of macarons much to the horror of my one and only pious mother.

"nhu! have you no shame?!" my mother bellowed but teasing her is too much fun now. i looked up at her and put a macaron inside my mouth, whole, and smiled.

 i looked up at her and put a macaron inside my mouth, whole, and smiled