Chaper 12 - time for some alchemic experimentation!

Start from the beginning

"Albedo and Timaeus will be conducting research in Dragonspine as of right now. I'd love to take you to see him, but someone has to attend the store. I'm afraid you'll have to go to the entrance to the bass and look for him by yourselves. Look out for a refined gentleman with the presence of a true scholar and uh... sorry, that's the best I can do. You'll have to do your best.", Sucrose

"no need to worry, we got this.", Lyra says, then turns to the other two. "let me stock up our supplies, then we can go."

~•~•~

After finishing to stock up on supplies, they head for Dragonspine. As they reach the bottom of the mountain, they see two women in the distance. As the trio gets closer them, they can see who they are and start to hear what the two are talking about. They recognise the shorter of the two girls as Barbara, the other, however, is unknown to the trio.

"S-sister Rosaria, so here you are! Choir practice is about to-", Barbara starts. "I've already told you; I don't go in for that kind of thing. I've got more important matters to attend to.", the other girl, Rosaria as the trio heard Barbara call her, interrupts.

"but... this event has commemorative significance. The church hopes that all sisters will be present.", Barbara argues. " 'hopes'?! that's odd, cause I don't recall a 'fulfil the hopes of others' clause in my job description.", Rosaria answers.

"I- I mean sure, but..." – "But what? You're the event organiser, aren't you? Do you not find it the least odd...?", Rosaria questions. "Wh-what do you mean?"

"this far out from Mondstadt, at this hour? Even if you set out right now, I'll wager you'd still miss the opening of the ceremony. Who knows? Maybe this is someone's grand plan to make a fool out of you.", Rosaria shrugs.

"huh?! Th-that can't be! People aren't like that!", Barbara defends. "Evidence decides what people are like, not your feelings. Ugh, maybe you're just a little too trusting of other people. Don't fret, nobody's gonna blame you if you go back empty-handed. I can't imagine anyone else was delusional enough to think I was gonna show up. But if you dally any longer, you really won't make it.", the other girl merely argues back.

"...you're right! It's a very important commemorative event. If I'm late, then... r-right, I've got to get going!" Barbara runs away towards the city.

"hm, seems like that sister's an expert in making people believe anything she wants.", Paimon says. The sister turns to the trio. "I thought I heard something – who are you, and why are you eavesdropping?", she asks them.

"apologies, we were just passing by. I am Lyra, these are Aether and Paimon. We are on our way up the mountain.", Lyra introduces them.

"those names... you are the honorary knights that saved us from Stormterror. so, what are you doing in the mountains?" – "we're looking for someone called Albedo.", Paimon answers.

"If it's him you're after, I made a point of noting his tracks. Many people have made their way up after the snowstorm. Let's hope they're still there.", Rosaria says. "So... are you also looking for him?", Paimon asks her.

"No, this is just a professional habit of mine. I sensed elemental traces in these tracks. Never hurts to be vigilant. Come on then, I'd like to see what he's up to anyway.", she says as she turns from the group and walks ahead.

"Rosaria said there were elemental traces in the tracks. They should show up pretty clearly with elemental sight!", Paimon says as they follow Rosaria up the mountain.

~•~•~

As the group starts following the elemental traces, Rosaria strikes up a conversation with the flying companion. "you know, little pixie, your ability to appear and disappear at will is very interesting..." – "uh... yeah?", Paimon says, uncertain.