Chapter 14 - my mother was human

Start from the beginning

"Here is the bathroom, towels are in that cabinet."

"Thank you, Jean."

"Take your time."

Standing under the warm water I thought about Olivier. A tear ran over my cheek, and I angrily wiped it away. He didn't know how hard I worked to become who I now am. The day I said no for the first time against my parents I felt so relieved. Like a huge weight fell of my shoulders.

 Someone knocked on the door "Jen, I have some clothes for you. I place them on the bed." Jean said from behind the door.

"Okay! Thanks."

After the shower I felt so much better. Jean and I walked towards Alpha Vincent's office. Jean knocked on his door and a Vincent's rough voice yelled "Entrez!" (Come in).

I entered and Alpha Vincent stood up from his chair, he was tall, like all werewolf man that I have met. His body was muscular, and I saw some tattoos peeking out from under his collar. His shoulder length dirty blonde hair hung loose, and mischievous hazel eyes smiled at me.

"Enchanté Alpha Vincent." (Nice to meet you). I said to him.

He took my hand in his and kissed the back of my hand "Enchanté Jennifer." He said with a smirk on his lips.

"Take a seat Jennifer." He told me.

"Please, Jen is fine." I told him while I took a seat.

"Now, tell me what happened with you and your mate. From the beginning." He asked.

I nodded and started to tell him everything. When I finished, he sat back in his chair and seemed lost in his thoughts. After a while I cleared my throat "everything alright Alpha Vincent?"

"Yes, sorry. You story just reminds me of my own. My mate was human too. I met her 5 years ago, and for me it was love at first sight."

I laughed and he nodded "I know but that's mostly how it goes for us wolves. I understand that for humans it doesn't work like that."

"What happened with your mate, if I may ask."

He smiled "I never told her. She was married, mother of two and looked happy in her life. I didn't want to tear her family apart. So, I left her be, let her live the life that she already had."

"How do you cope with that? Jean told me that he felt...?"

"She lived in South-Africa. So, I didn't feel her that well. But when she died 3 years ago in a car accident." He groaned remembering the pain "That I did feel., I was out for over a week."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry."

"Don't, I had said goodbye long before that."

"What did the council say about it?" I asked.

"The council is complicated. Sometimes they take decisions that are a bit... old-fashioned."

"Like?"

"Well, I got to wait 4 years before I could look for a chosen mate."

"4 years?"

He nodded "time to grief and to process what happened with your true mate."

"Losing a loved one needs time."

"It does. But they don't understand that not everyone is the same. You can't put a time on grieving, everyone is different."

"So, did you find a chosen mate?"

"No, it's not that easy to."

I laughed "tell me about it. I dated so many guys." I rolled my eyes. "You need to start dating like humans do."