"Very well." He sighs and the next thing I know, the car is swerving on the road and he's cut off the engine.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm removing your obstacle."

He's...

"Now, there's nothing in your way, baby."

"I- What?"

He releases his seatbelt and then reaches over to repeat the action for mine, his eyes trained on my own.

"You said you weren't scared."

"I'm not." I breathe. But we both know it's a lie.

He smooths his thumb over my lips and trails the back of his knuckles over my cheek.

"So pretty."

He smiles. A soft, loving smile that has my stomach in knots and my heart squeezing in my chest.

I blink a few times, my pulse racing.

"And all mine."

"I'm not yours." I whisper, shakily.

"Oh, my sweet girl. You just love to lie to yourself, don't you? Yes, you are. You're all mine. And I'm all yours."

He now cups my cheek and his other hand travels to the inside of my thigh. It doesn't leave its spot there, though. Just sits there. Burning an invisible tattoo into my skin.

"Say it back, baby. Let me hear it."

He presses something and the car locks.

"Again?"

He laughs and brushes his mouth over mine gently before leaning back.

"We are not leaving this car until you admit the truth."

"But that's-"

"That's what?" He quirks a brow.

"But- But that's not fair!"

Another laugh escapes him. Full and laced with light.

"This isn't funny!" I stamp my shoes on the floor, which I agree is childish, but I don't really care right now.

"I know it's not." He nods. "You can't be cute and convince me to change my mind."

"I'm not being cute! I'm being serious! I need more time."

"No, you don't. You know what you feel. You just need to say it."

It's not that easy. He can't expect me to just say it outright like him.

I lose my restraint and before he can utter another word, I'm up out of my seat, over the console and straddling his lap.

This is bold, especially for me.

But I guess he just brings out the vixen in me.

Now, it's him who's speechless.