Chapter 13

Madelaina :

I lower my mirror and slowly turn around, plastering on a neutral face.

I notice Lucas's head shoot in my direction, right before Angel runs over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me up.

"Oh my....God!"

He spins me around in the air and my arms wrap around his neck in an attempt to not fall.

"Angel!"

"Did you say something, Princess?"

"Put me down!"

He stops spinning but doesn't let me go.

I turn to see the other two have come out and are stood in front of us.

Beside Lucas is someone unfamiliar.

Dark blonde hair with brown eyes. The same height as the other two.

What do these guys eat?

He's definitely not as lively as Angel and one can only hope he's not as entitled as Lucas.

He doesn't wear a smile on his face yet he also doesn't look unhappy.

Lucas on the other hand, looks as though his monthly allowance of seven hundred-thousand dollars has been reduced to merely five.

"Put her down, Angel." His voice is hard and commanding.

Angel however, just tsks and hugs me to him.

"Aw, come on! I haven't seen her in forever! I've missed her."

Although I may have started off slightly nervous and awkward, I can't help the laugh that breaks free, nor the grin accompanied by raised brows.

"You saw me a week ago"

"Exactly! Way too damn long!"

Another chuckle escapes me before he gently puts me back onto solid ground, holding onto my arm to help steady me.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas's sharp question cuts through the short happy spell that washed over me.

"I go here now, remember?"

He takes a step closer.

"I mean, what are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be in homeroom?" The way he speaks is as if I'd done something to purposely aggravate him.

I glare up at his stupid face.

"Hey! Don't be mean. This is my best friend you're talking to." Angel slings an arm over my shoulders and gives me a tight side hug, leaving his arm there.

I don't miss when Lucas's eyes narrow at the movement.

Does he seriously not like me that much, that he doesn't want his friends near me?

"I thought they were your best friends?" I ask. Not getting anxious at his remarks as it's obvious he's joking.

...I think.

"Meh, they get kinda boring after a while."

I shake my head, a smile still on my face.

How did he do that? Make me smile when all I felt not five minutes before was utter sorrow?

"What are you doing here?" Lucas repeats.

"Got lost." I reply simply.

"You got lost."