Chapter 28

Madelaina:

We are greeted by a waiter as soon as we walk in, who immediately shows us to a table.

The name of the restaurant certainly owns up to its name. In an ancient Chinese castle theme, there are sconces on the walls and kesi flickering in and out of view because of the flames. The atmosphere is a little hot but the smell that wafts in from the kitchens is divine.

Thank you, China Town.

Me and Althea sit on one side, the boys opposite of us and she turns to me while they remove their jackets and get comfortable.

She inclines her head towards Angel as if to say, 'Can you believe him?'.

I walk my eyes over to the boys and shrug my shoulders. 'I don't know. He is who he is'.

My answer is an eye roll and I purse my lips to hide a smile.

They so like each other.

"Well. Isn't this nice?" He speaks up. Leaning back in his chair and sporting a smug smile.

"Is it?" Althea mumbles. Sarcasm rolling off of her tongue like fire straight from a dragon.

I am so glad I've found someone who won't judge my humour. We have twinning personalities. With the here and there differences, of course. I don't think I could spend so much time with someone who would agree with me on everything. That would certainly make me enjoy the human race even less than I already do. Not on a personal account. No. I mean, I don't even know everyone in the world. Just, being around people. Even if I don't know them. It gets to be too much. Too many voices and bodies and-

"What's going on in that pretty, little head of yours, Princess?"

I am knocked out of my internal rambling when Angel turns to me, an eyebrow raised but his gaze soft and knowing.

"Nothing." I smile.

"Nothing?" Lucas echoes. And I finally turn to him.

His dark eyes bore into mine and they are as knowing as Angel's. But his are much more intense. A magnetic pull that neither of us can break from until our waiter comes up to our table.

"你好." He greets us in Chinese. "My name is Leo and I will be your server today."

I look away from him and turn to the waiter, my breath hitching when I do so.

Wow.

He is tall. The same height as Angel and Lucas. His hair is dark brown and lies on top of his head in soft waves. And his face....it's ... wow.

His voice is deep but he looks young. Around my age. Probably a bit older.

"Have you decided what you would like to drink?"

"C-"

Before Althea can even attempt to answer, the boys beat her to it. Ordering out drinks and then what we'd like after that, well, what they say we'd like to have.

Leo smiles, bows, and then heads off to the kitchens.

"What the hell?" Althea glowers at Angel.

"What?" His face expresses nothing but innocence. His cobalt eyes wide and his brows raised.

"You guys ordered for us. Without even asking what we wanted."

"Did we?" He tilts his head and then shares an amused look with his best friend.

"You're idiots."

"Now. Is that any way to speak to the gentlemen paying for your meals?"

"I don't give a shit."