Chapter 48

Lucas:

There she is.

Sitting across from me, looking beautiful as ever with her glossy brown hair and that little school skirt I can't see but just know is riding up her thighs from that chair.

She's looking at the menu, glimpsing the sections to see what matches her taste today and I can't help all of the thoughts running through my head.

And yet, I can't think of a single thing to say out loud.

I feel like a fucking kid going through puberty.

Just the fucking sight of her makes me nervous and she's literally half of my size.

I've talked to lots of girls. Fucked a lot of them, too. I've done all of the things you can think of and everything you can't. So, why does the mere memory of that kiss send me into a tailspin?

Why does the fantasy of more almost bring me to my knees?

Dio, I sound crazy.

I'd say Angel would taunt me about it but he's got his own little obsession that occupies most of his time.

Hypocrite.

A shadow comes over the table and I glance up to see the waiter is here.

I remember him from last time.
Remember the look he gave my girl.

Can't say I'm pleased to see him again.

"Oh, hey. I remember you. You came here a few weeks ago, right?"

Right. Now take a few steps away from the table...

"Yep." Reyes answers with a chirp to her voice.

"We'll, I'm glad you liked this place enough to come back."

It was actually just me, the girls and Angel. Gio wasn't here. Which he would recognise if he actually looked around the fucking table. I mean, show the boy some damn respect.

"We did." She replies. "Speaking of which, I'll have the wonton soup."

"And the rest of you?" He asks, noting it down.

We each take turns ordering our individual meals as well as some dumplings, spring rolls and drink bottles for the table before he leaves.

I'd also like a sharp knife so that I can slowly remove his eyeballs from his sockets for letting them stray a little too far down Madelaina's body for my liking.

But I digress.

"You ordered for yourself." I nod at her once my muscles relax. 

"I did." She smiles and I make note of the light in her eyes when I said the words. "I've been here before so it makes it easier."

"So proud." Althea puts an arm around lDella and leans her head on hers.

"And you got the same thing." I add.

She shrugs her shoulders. "I'm a picky eater."

Noted.

We make small talk for a little longer before happy eyes returns with our order.

He sets them down and gives Della another glance before wishing us a good meal and walking away.

I don't realise my fists are clenched until Angel nudges me.

He quirks a brow and flicks his eyes from me to the waiter and back.

I mouth for him to go fuck himself and he snorts into his glass.