Chapter 343: Vow of Swords

Start from the beginning

"Then, until we meet again." [Grey]

"See you nex time~!" [Yuna]

FWOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH

Their smiles extending from ear to ear, Sirius then flapped her wings and the winds lashed out. In just a single stroke, she soared hundreds of meters towards the sky, sonic booms echoing with every succeeding flap.

A streak of platinum was painted in the sky, the people squealing and cheering as they saw such a scene unfold. The city which was once so big was now in full view, shrinking smaller and smaller the higher they went, soon piercing towards the clouds.

Sirius flapped her wings once more and the clouds parted before her. She ruled the sky as its queen, soaring freely like a bolt of lightning streaking during a storm. The only difference was that it was beautiful, thunder resounding with her wings.

They were soon far enough, vanishing into the faraway horizon. As he felt the winds blow past him, Grey stretched his hands outwards, reaching out for the clouds before him. A soft and warm smile soon blooming on his face.

"Let's go home, shall we?" [Grey]

Blue and white light danced before them and a gate appeared midair. Sirius was swallowed by the light, their figures disappearing without a trace. Only a sky of blue remained, the clouds drifting ever so slowly as the birds flew freely.

Grey and Yuna didn't just go straight home. With a lot of time on their hands, they headed towards their old home first and once again visited the graveyard, telling Yuna's parents all the exciting events which occurred in the past 3 months.

"Oh my, Grey, Yuna, you visited." [Valka]

"Good day, Missus Valka. We brought some fruits and herbs for you. They say this is good for pregnant women." [Yuna]

"Oh my, how considerate of you." [Valka]

They also visited the Malus Village while they were at it, giving a couple presents to everyone they knew. They were especially particular of Valka who was now in her 5th month of pregnancy, still as cheerful as can be.

They didn't stay there for too long, only chatting for some time, talking with Leif, and checking out the progress in Eldhart and Zeke's training. They have gotten stronger once again as expected. They really were something to be proud of.

"Waah~! Elder Brother Grey! Eleder Sister Yuna! You visited!" [Eliza]

"Surprise~! Did we get you?" [Yuna]

"Y-You should have told me earlier that you were coming! I would have prepared some refreshments for you," [Eliza]

"Fufufu! There's no need for that, Liz... Oh right! We also brought you some presents!" [Yuna]

Of course, if one's talking about visits, they also visited Eliza, their cutest little sister figure. She was in the middle of practicing her magic, firing off jets of water towards the dummies and obliterating them without much trouble.

Polaris was also there in the Landevar estate. He had returned to Eliza's side after the Labyrinth of Star closed, once again aiding her in her growth. It has only been a relatively short time since they last parted ways, but it was still a delight.

They played a little bit with Eliza, chatted with Fritz for a short while, and cooked a new set of dishes with Rhodes. Since it was already noon, they also had their lunch there, enjoying a hearty meal with smiles floating over the dining table.

Time passed some more and it was finally time to head home for real. Grey opened the gates once final time and light swallowed their field of view. A familiar scenery greeted them as the light faded away.