Chapter 312: The Masquerade Ball (pt. I)

The night was deep, the stars reigning over the ever expanding sky. As the rivers and mountains slept, the city continued to thrive, lights glowing bright like the moon and stars above them, leaves rustling along the evening breeze.

It was a massive city, four swords erected in the four cardinal directions, a fortified castle sitting at its heart. Such a castle shimmered with grace and radiance, the sound of laughter and music resounding in the air as the chandeliers burnt ever so brightly.

Luxurious dresses, expensive jewelry, fancy platters, and extravagant dishes. Such sights could be seen all over the place, light footsteps reverberating throughout the massive halls as people danced around holding one another's hands.

"Gorgeous as usual, aren't you, Grey, Yuna?" [Lisandra]

"You don't look too bad yourself, Lisa." [Grey]

"Mou... What a half-hearted compliment..." [Lisandra]

Of course, our main characters were also part of such a grand ball. They had already dressed themselves appropriately, wearing elegant dresses to match the night, and accompanying masks covering their beautiful faces.

Lisandra was wearing a crimson dress with dark contours embroidered all over it, a black shawl covering her arms and shoulders, evening gloves veiling her hands, and a red rose decorating her hair. To cover her face was a dark red mask with similarly red feathers tucked in one side.

Yuna wasn't any less appealing either. Compared to before, she was now wearing a light, blush-colored dress laced with elegant wavy designs, exuding an aura of purity and innocence. A pair white evening gloves and a white mask to match, decorated with blue gems by the borders.

Lastly, there was Grey. Though he would usually wear dark colors in such events, tonight, he decided to go with white to kick things up a notch, wearing a white suit adorned with gold laces and embroidery. His mask was white like Yuna's only that it had golden patterns rather than blue gems.

Well, it really didn't matter much what they wore, each one of them were gorgeous. If it weren't for the masks covering their faces, all eyes would have already been glued on them and things would have gotten troublesome.

"Don't worry, Lisa, you look really pretty. I think bold colors like this suit you the most. I'm sure everyone would agree." [Yuna]

"Yuna... You really do understand me... Unlike a certain someone..." [Lisandra]

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean...?" [Grey]

"Hmph! Nothing!" [Lisandra]

The night continued and as they walked down the corridors, more and more people headed inside the main hall, all wearing masks to cover their faces. Some were very simple while some were just over the top, standing out like a sore thumb.

And unlike usual, there weren't any announcements when one entered the hall. It was a masquerade ball, after all. Everything would be pointless if the guarding knights just announced their identities. The ball would be pointless.

"Fufufu! Shall we head inside as well?" [Lisandra]

Lisandra on the lead, everyone soon headed inside the main hall and as soon as they did, many eyes fell towards them. They may have their faces hidden, but it doesn't change the fact that they were beautiful.

In fact, they were so eye-catching, many were frozen and speechless at the sight of them. Many young gentlemen and ladies looked at them with rosy cheeks, wanting to approach them if they just had the courage.

Of course, there were also the usual curses which were directed at Grey for heading onside with two glamorous ladies by his side. He's already used to it, but it was still a little uncomfortable receiving such numerous death gazes from the crowd.