Chapter 257: Sudden Counseling

Orcs, goblins, ogres, kobolds, and many more. In a nearby forest, monsters of all shapes and sizes gathered a plenty, wielding maces, swords, and spears by their hands, ready to devastate and plunder all there is to see.

Yet just as strange as the large gathering of such monsters in the forest, all of the monsters present were riddled with various deep wounds and bleeding all over. Some even had their limbs missing and weapons battered and broken.

Khieeeekkkk Buhiiiikkkkk Gurruuukkkkk

Before long, a symphony of cries and shrieks echoed all over the vast forest. The monsters, one after another, were flung and struck, bodies disappearing as they turned back to mana. The numbers which were once plenty dwindled with time.

"Die, you damn vermin!" [Procyon]

Of course, the reason for the monsters' timely defeat and disappearance were none other than Procyon and Achernar. The former was especially feisty dishing out harsh words as she eliminated tons upon tons of monsters with her deadly dragon's breath.

It has been a couple days since they have been summoned, and currently, Grey and Yuna are on a quest to subjugate a number of monsters. But unlike their usual routine, rather than them, it was their familiars which were doing all the work. They are simply sitting by the branches, watching the show unfold.

"Hm? How much does that make?" [Yuna]

"They should have subjugated monsters in the thousands now." [Grey]

"Eh~? They sure are working hard, huh..." [Yuna]

Commented Yuna as she fed herself some fries, munching ever so merrily as her eyes shifted left and right. At the same time, she was also smiling happily as Grey patted her head, stroking her hair ever so gently.

Procyon and Achernar aren't simply defeating monsters. They are "feeding" on them to get much stronger and grow quickly. Aiding them were none other than the other familiars who are currently out hunting for other monsters.

Since both Procyon and Achernar are the weakest amongst the familiars, the others have been prioritizing their growth over theirs. They only eat the amount they need and give the rest to their baby sisters.

And thankfully, unlike their extreme personalities, they can both hold themselves well during battle. It was as if they were other people, but that only serves for the others to feel relieved if anything.

"Hm? Was that all of them?" [Procyon]

"Mmn... I think so, too..." [Achernar]

"Haah... It's finally overー" [Procyon]

THUD THUD THUD

In fact, it was far from over. Just as the two relaxed their shoulders, dozens upon dozens of monsters dropped from the sky in front of them. Each one just as injured and battered as the ones before them.

The culprit for such a scene were none other than the older familiars who had just finished their hunt. And as monsters vanish the moment they are defeated, they only did enough damage to cripple them. They were a pitiful mess.

"Why, you...! Stop bringing monsters here! We're already full!" [Procyon]

"Come on now, Procyon. You won't grow quickly with that attitude." [Vega]

"It's okay to take it slow! And stop sticking close to me! Dammit!" [Procyon]

In a way, the familiars were similar to Grey in terms of overprotectiveness. Neither of them knows when to stop, feeding their baby sisters like doting parents, much to the two's discomfort. The fierce Procyon was especially ticked off.