Chapter 252: A Time of Fun and Leisure

Clack Clack Clang Clang

A series of metallic sounds echoed in the air. A young man stood in silence as he moved his hands flipping pans and turning the spatulas, the sound of flame burning ever so gently resounding along the tune.

Of course, that young man was none other than Grey who is cooking dish after dish for the day, adding bits of seasoning as he tasted the dishes he prepared. There was only silence as an appetizing and fragrant aroma wafted throughout the kitchen.

"Just a little bit of salt, and... Alright, that's perfect." [Grey]

He stirred, he mixed, and he tasted. After he was satisfied with the taste of the soup, Grey continued stirring gently and soon lowered the heat of the flames. A few more clacks echoed as he prepared yet another set of kitchen utensils to cook another dish for the morning.

It has already been a few days since their first rice harvest at the Gallen village, and as usual, Grey started the day by cooking breakfast for him and Yuna. Everything was perfectー or at least, it would have been...

Poke Poke Poke

... It's just that there was a certain silver-haired elf who was poking his sides time and time again at regular intervals. She was pouting very cutely, puffing her cheeks and wearing sulky eyes, not uttering a single word.

"Umm... Yuna... Do you need something...?" [Grey]

"Nothing..." [Yuna]

Or so she says, but she has been bothering Grey ever since the morning started. At first, she was just staring from afar, but as time passed, she drew closer and closer until she was already behind him, poking and poking as she pouted.

Well, it wasn't just poking. Every time she finds that Grey's hands are free, she holds them tightly, only letting go when he needs to use them. Of course, she did such actions while still remaining silent.

"Umm... Yuna... Are you sure you don't need anything?" [Grey]

"No..." [Yuna]

Grey asked again, but the response was much shorter. Instead, Yuna stopped poking Grey's sides and full-on hugged him. He couldn't see her face anymore, but he knew full well that she was still pouting,

As for the reason, well... It's fairly simple. It was just another one of Yuna's moods where she asks for Grey's attention in any way she can. And strangely enough, even when she's doing such things, she still tries not to get in the way of Grey's work as much as she could. Truly contradictory.

"Yuna, umm... Would you like to help me prepare breakfast?" [Grey]

"Eh?! Can I?!" [Yuna]

"Of course. Let's cook together." [Grey]

"Okay~!" [Yuna]

And like any simple problem, there was a very simple solution. All Grey needed to do was invite her to cook with him and she beamed brighter than the sun itself. So bright in fact that Grey thought he was going blind.

After all, Yuna only wanted to spend time with Grey. As soon as Grey invited her, she quickly went ahead and grabbed her apron and a couple of kitchen stuff. She quickly returned, a bright smile blooming even brighter on her face.

'So cute... I just want to gobble her up...... Hm?' [Grey]

A sudden thought and a sudden pause. Grey's hands abruptly stopped as silence filled his mind. His eyes were shocked wide open as he examined what he just thought, unable to believe such a thought ran through his mind.