Chapter 226: The Chiefdom of Torogi (pt. I)

Pointy and fleshy ears, furry tails swaying left and right, and beautiful orbs sparkling like jewels, reflecting the sunlight and shimmering like the sea. With their eyes on them, it would seem like one is in a paradise of fluffー except that they're not.

While it would have been adorable if they were small and fluffy animals, the same thing couldn't be said if such features belonged to beastmen. Especially when said beastmen were pointing their spears and swords towards them. Grey and Yuna are in a prickly situation.

"Evil Spirits! How dare you show up in our lands!"

"Hey! Let's not talk anymore! Let's just vanquish them!"

"That's right! We don't know what these evil spirits are thinking!"

On top of that, they are now branded evil spirits. It was quite the contrast to their titles in Alfrione where they are revered as heroes. Though Grey and Yuna could wish it was refreshing to hear such things, they just couldn't. It was simply too absurd.

They haven't even done so much as to harm the island's inhabitants, yet the first thing they were greeted by was a number of weapons pointed at them and labeled with some ominous name. It truly was one of a kind.

"Umm... We aren'tー" [Grey]

"Silence, evil spirit! You will taint us with your poisonous words!" [???]

The beastmen didn't seem like they were willing to cooperate as well. They were all on guard, continuing to point their blades to the two. None were willing to listen, firmly standing on what they believed.

Seeing them, Grey was reminded of some isolated tribes he saw on some television shows, ranging from very aggressive ones, cannibals, and straight up savages. Of which, Grey wished they were neither of what was mentioned.

"In the name of Torogi, I, Sakar, shall vanquish you evil spirits!" [Sakar]

And now, there is a declaration. The moment it rang, the man's fellow warriors let out their battle cries, their voices resounding all over the forest as they closed in on Grey and Yuna. If it was any normal person, they would already have peed their pants.

Unfortunately for the beastmen, Grey and Yuna weren't just any normal person. As compared to them who were about F-rank, with the leader at D-rank, the two were astronomically stronger, like comparing a rock to a whole mountain.

Even if everyone were to cooperate and charge towards them, they would not stand a chance even if the two only use just a thousandth of their power. The gap in strength was simply too much.

"Umm... Sakar, was it... Can youー" [Grey]

"Silence! I will not be bewitched by your vile words!" [Sakar]

"No, just listen for aー" [Grey]

"I said silence, you foul beast!" [Sakar]

From "Evil Spirit" to "Foul Beast", Grey and Yuna's standing only became lower with time. There was no use for negotiation as the other party was really set on eliminating them. They drew closer and closer, cautiously and firmly.

It was a relief that Sirius isn't with them anymore, otherwise, things would have gotten a lot messier. Now that they knew that the enemies were bullheaded warriors, there is only so much they could do.

『Grey, they're not listening, huh...』 [Yuna]

『Yeah, I know... It seems like we'll be doing this the hard way.』 [Grey]

『The hard way, huh... I wonder if I can hold back properly...』 [Yuna]

There was no other way but to retaliate. But rather than worry about themselves, the two were rather more worried about the enemy. After all, a single mistake and the enemies' heads could go flying. They must control their strengths.