Chapter 246: Sea, Smiles, and Shenanigans (pt. III)

Bang

A loud boom resounded in the air and a ball streaked like lightning, heading towards the white sand. But before it could even land, a pair of hands blocked it, deflecting it upwards, the sands scattering as a lone figure dove towards the sand

After the ball was deflected upwards, a hand reached out towards it, striking it hard and letting it bolt through the air, barely passing over the net and streaking wildly towards the other side.

Bang Bang Bang

One after another, a series of bangs and booms echoed loudly. They passed, they blocked, they set, and they spiked. The ball was tossed around the place and the players scrambled around, eyes on the balls and the others before them.

Of course, they were playing none other than volleyball! Beach volleyball, that is! A match between husbands. The first team is composed of the King, Kris, Gerd, Cedric, and Abraham, and the second team with the Crown Prince, Jiro, Ross, Fritz, and even the Great Chief who just joined them not too long ago.

And as one would expect, the volleyball game was much simpler than the ones back on Earth. There were only a total of three sets, with a goal of scoring 15 points required to win each set.

They are already in their third and final set, the competition getting fiercer than ever, each spike packed full of power. After all, their beloved wives are watching. They are all determined to win, passion burning in their eyes.

"Your Majesty, here!" [Gerd]

"Good!... Take this!" [Ernes]

Gerd set the ball and the King leaped. As he struck the ball, yet another loud boom resounded in the air as it darted towards one of the enemies' corners, almost out the line. It was another point!ー or so it should have been...

But before it could even land, Fritz dove towards the sand and saved the ball, making it bounce upwards. A swift assist from Ross and the ball was back on the court, soon bouncing back to the other side as the Crown Prince tossed it back.

Unfortunately for them, Cedric was already lying in wait. As the ball was flying over the net, he quickly jumped as high as he could and struck the ball at a sharp angle downwards. An unexcited yet amazing spike.

Thud Whisk Whisk

Jiro tried to save the ball, but he was just a step too late. The ball soon landed on the ground, whisking sand around and rolling around a little before coming to a complete stop. It was yet another point for the King's team.

"Hahaha! Good one, Cedric!" [Ernes]

"I was just lucky, Your Majesty." [Cedric]

"Well, luck is also a part of one's ability. No need to be so humble." [Ernes]

With Cedric's point, their tally now comes to 11 against 12, in the first team's favor. A little more and the game would finally be settled. As the game neared its conclusion, all players stretched their bodies once more, readying for the next round.

Most of them were already grasping for their breaths, but there was not a single trace of surrender in their eyes. If anything, they are even more fired up, ready to grasp victory and show everyone who the king of the games was.

"Alright! Here we go!" [Galleus]

Before long, the game continued and the ball was bounced back and forth over the net once again, everyone giving it their all. If one were to see them, it would be hard to believe that they just learnt how to play it a couple hours ago.

"Fufufu! It's so nice to see Ernes giving it his all for once. It reminds me of our youth. He was so amazing back then... Well, he's still amazing now. Fufufu!" [Talia]