Chapter 273: The Hunt for Colors

Rustle Rustle Rustle Crack

The leaves swayed and tumbled by the tune of the passing winds, birds perching and chirping stopped the tree branches, a sea of green spanning over kilometers as the forest prospered under the grace of the gentle sun.

Winds refreshing as one can be wafted throughout such a beautiful forest, two figures walking side by side, eyes glimmering brightly like sapphires and emeralds under the moonlit midnight sky. Of course, they were none other than Grey and Yuna.

"Grey, still no signs of it?" [Yuna]

"No... Not yet... It seems it really lives up to its reputation." [Grey]

"Mou... We've been searching for hours already..." [Yuna]

Several days have passed since they arrived in the city, and now, they are yet on another quest. But not one from the Guild, rather, it was a quest Grey made on his own, searching for a certain flower blooming rarely in the forests across Erdea.

What might this flower be, one might ask? It's the "Scarletheart Chrysanthemum", a fire-attribute magic plant which is amongst the rarest in the world. Though it's very useful in alchemy, it is not the reason why Grey wanted to acquire it.

After all, according to the Legend of Nine Colors, the Scarletheart chrysanthemum represents "Passionate Love" which burns brightly and outshines even the stars. It was one of the items Grey wanted to get before proposing to Yuna. Though he totally let one thing slip his mind...

"Grey~! Let's just pick some herbs, okay? It's too hard to find...!" [Yuna]

"Relax, don't be impatient now. I'm sure it's here somewhere..." [Grey]

"Uuu... I would've gotten a lot of them already..." [Yuna]

... That is, he totally forgot to stop Yuna from joining him on his quest. In the first place, it was supposed to be a surprise. He can't believe he dragged the very last person he should have with him. Habits were just too hard to get rid off. It was already far too late when he realized.

Thankfully, the young elf was completely oblivious to his plans. Even now, she is only grumbling about not being able to pick herbs along the way. She is acting spoiled again now that they're alone together.

Well, it's not like they were the only ones searching. As they walked through the forest, they also released the familiars to feed and also to help them. They are now scouring the whole forest with each step they take.

It was also very helpful that Grey's abilities have improved a lot since he reached Calamity-Class. Now, his "Heaven's Eye's range which was about a kilometer before has now increased about threefold. A great blessing.

"Oh? Yuna, you're bored, right?" [Grey]

"No! Not at all! It's always fun with Grey! I'm not bored at all!" [Yuna]

"Hahaha. I didn't mean that, you silly girl. I just saw some Lesser Cyclops a couple distances away. Wanna take them out?" [Grey]

"Cyclops?! Really?! I'll do it!" [Yuna]

There were no brakes in the young lady's excitement. As soon as she heard Grey's offer, her eyes quickly lit up and her lips curled into a smile. Grey could only chuckle at how adorable his girlfriend was.

And so, they walked towards their destination with great vigor. With their speed, it didn't even take them a couple minutes to close the 3-kilometer distance, and surely enough, cyclops were there, their loud growls echoing in the forest.

GRRRUULLLL KRRROOO GGRRRUUU

To be precise, there were three of them. Though they are called "Lesser Cyclops", they stood more than 2 meters in height with extremely muscular bodies. There was a singular, large eye in its head, shifting left and right to scout its surroundings,