Chapter 299: A Sudden Invitation

The wind was silent and so was the fields, only subtle whistles to be heard. A lone figure stood in the middle of a charred wasteland, a light shower of gold and crystals raining down upon him, silent thuds resounding as they hit the ground.

Like a fleeting shadow, there was no sound to be heard, another figure arriving at the scene. Her hair was silver and her eyes were blue, not making a single noise with the steps she took, now smiling ever so happily like a little child.

"Well, someone's in a good mood." [Grey]

"Fufufu! That's because I was able to let some steam out!" [Yuna]

"Yeah, and you also froze the field while you were at it, didn't you?" [Grey]

"A-Ah... That's because I got a little carried away..." [Yuna]

There was no denying it. Though she tried to hold herself back, she was simply too excited to mind the little details. She already figured out Grey would cover the city with a barrier so there was no need for holding back. She simply wreaked havoc.

Well, it's not like she made much of a difference anyway. The plains were are already charred and cratered from the familiars' merciless barrage. Freezing a small portion of it wouldn't matter in the grand scale of things.

What's most important was that the threat has now been eliminated. Though it may be difficult on Earth, restoring the terrain in Merusia is a little different. With Grey, Yuna, and the familiars there, it would be a piece of cake.

"It's alright. I'm not scolding you. We can just restore it anyway." [Grey]

"U-Un! That's right! We could just use magic!" [Yuna]

"Master, Mistress, should we help you out?!" [Vega]

And just as their conversation was about to reach its conclusion, the familiars finally came back, triumphant looks on their faces. It's been some time since they had to battle against so many opponents. It was good to warm their bodies up.

Though... The same couldn't be said for Procyon and Archernar. Being the youngest and weakest in the family, the others, albeit oppressively, fed them all the corruption which leaked out after defeating their enemies. Especially Vega, she was simply on another level.

Even Rigel, who was just a few minutes older than them, was on board with feeding them. He graciously thanked the heavens above that he was summoned an S-rank. Otherwise, he would also be subject to the other's "pampering".

"Hmm... Not yet. But it would be really helpful if you could collect the drops for us. Could we ask you of that, everyone?" [Grey]

"Un! And can you separate any materials I could use for alchemy, please?" [Yuna]

"Your will is our command, Master, Mistress." [Sirius]

"Yeah! We'll make sure to tidy this place up!" [Canopus]

"Please rest assured, Master, Mistress. We will make sure to not leave even a single item behind." [Arcturus]

There was no time to waste. As soon as Grey and Yuna issued their requests, the familiars then moved quickly and started gathering. Of course, as their massive true forms would be a bother, they all opted for a smaller one like those of wolves.

It wasn't just normal gathering too. Rigel used a large bubble of water to gather them whilst Vega used vines and Achernar used the shadows. They all used magic to do every little thing, trying to be as efficient as possible.