Chapter 236: Ruler of the Seas

Clop Clop Clop Clop

Hurried footsteps echoed in the dark hallways, rocks rolling around as they were kicked and disturbed. The eerie and tranquil silence is no more, only panting breaths and panicked voices to be heard.

Two figures wore pale expressions on their faces as they rushed out of the dimly lit cavern, inching closer and closer to the entrance. Faces of urgency and worries were unveiled as the magic light's gentle rays graced their figures.

『Everyone, how's the situation over there?』 [Grey]

『Nothing out of the ordinary has happened so far, Master.』 [Sirius]

『Good! Because we'll need your help right now!』 [Grey]

There was no need to explain the situation any longer. As soon as they felt the sense of urgency in Grey's voice, the familiars quickly pieced the situation together, raising their guards and alertness in the same moment, a fierce and serious glow glimmering in their eyes.

『But Grey, how about the port and the sea? We still can't leave them unmanned. Beasts could still appear any moment.』 [Yuna]

『Don't worry, Mistress, you can leave it to us!』 [Vega]

『Y-Yes! We'll do our best!』 [Capella]

There was a slight problem with who would be guarding the fishermen and sailors, but with Vega and Capella volunteering, it was quickly resolved. Their numbers might have dwindled down to two, but they were still not ones to be messed with.

『Thank you. We'll be leaving it to you then.』 [Yuna]

『Yes! Rest assured, Master, Mistress!』 [Vega]

The problems were quickly erased, and though they hadn't heard the others' voices, they could feel that they were raring to go, only waiting to be summoned. Now, there's only one thing left to deal with.

A couple seconds later and the end of the cavern was in sight. The sun's gentle rays colored the viridescent forest with life and peace, beauty and wonders everywhere to be seen, a refreshing wind blowing ever so softly.

"Now! Everyone!" [Grey]

But there was no time to admire such beautiful scenery. As soon as they were out of the cavern and into the open, Grey and Yuna quickly summoned the familiars. Their shadows trembled once again as four magnificent figures appeared out of thin air.

Scales of platinum, prettier than any gem, eyes like jewels glimmering with fierce and domineering light, and two pairs of wings encompassing the widest of spaces. These four High Dragons didn't fail to show their majesty, exuding a domineering presence.

"The enemy is due southwest! Go first, we'll follow you later!" [Grey]

"Understood!" [Sirius]

A single word echoed in the air. What followed after were the howling of the winds and the trembling of the earth. The moment Sirius! voices echoed, they had already flapped their wings, soaring high and swiftly like bullets fired.

Sonic booms echoed throughout the sky as four figures bolted throughout the sky's vast blueness, parting the slow-drifting clouds and streaking like shooting stars. Sirius was especially speedy, darting like a raging lightning bolt.

"Huff... Huff... Lord Grey... Lady Yuna... Wha... What's happening..." [Manelo]

Soon after Grey and Yuna sent off the familiars, another two figures exited the cavern. They were none other than the Great Chief and Marika who are now gasping for their breaths, obviously exhausted after chasing after the two.