Chapter 227: The Chiefdom of Torogi (pt. II)

Fierce blue eyes, sharp fangs, striped hairs, and a tail covered in white hair. A white tiger sat in the highest seat of the great hall, overbooking everyone with his might and authority. Not a single noise echoed as his gaze streaked to those in front of him.

Wolves, bears, raccoons, rabbits, and a lot of furry beasts gathered around the white tiger, eyes just as fierce and observant as the latter. The tension only rose with the passing of time, awkward silence looming over the Great Hall.

"Sakar... What's the meaning of this?" [Great Chief]

The white tiger's words echoed in the Great Hall, full of authority and intimidation. The Elders didn't voice out their thoughts, their eyes simply swimming towards Sakar who just entered the Great Hall along with a pair of unfamiliar figures.

Of course, those two figures were none other than Grey and Yuna who are on their way to have a little chat with the Chiefdom's Great Chief. And well... with such a "warm" reception... there isn't really much to say.

"I greet the Great Chief." [Sakar]

"""We greet the Great Chief!"""

Sakar didn't answer the question immediately, first greeting the Chief as he knelt down on the ground. The other warriors followed suit and knelt before the Great Chief as well. Only two figures not doing the same.

Grey and Yuna remained standing, not faltering from the Great Chief's intimidating glare and not letting their knees bend even a little. Neither their eyes nor hearts wavered as they stood their ground against the tension.

With their flamboyant actions, everyone's eyes gathered towards them, all astounded by their unfounded courage and needless confidence. Though some were simply baffled by them, some... Well...

"How disrespectful! Kneel before the Great Chief!" [???]

... Some had more extreme reactions. One of the elders made an outburst as he slammed his hands on the armrests of his seat. Irked veins showed up on his forehead as he uttered such words, obviously driven by anger.

But Grey and Yuna remained standing. After all, if they were to have a talk with the Great Chief, it was better to establish the power balance as early as they could. They aren't under them, rather, they were equals. They won't stand for any less.

"Why... You...!" [???]

Of course, their persistence and silence only served to fuel the elder. His face turned red as he glared intensely, his hands grabbing the armrest even more, inserting as much force as he trembled in anger. He was fuming, almost snapping.

"Warriors, seize these disrespeー" [???]

"Head Elder, stop." [Great Chief]

"Bur Great Chief! This is unacceptableー" [Head Elder]

BAAANNNNGGGGG

The Head Elder tried to argue, but he wasn't even given the chance to finish his words. As the Great Chief slammed one of his hands to his armrest, a loud boom echoed in the air forcefully cutting the Head Elder's words.

"Head Elder, don't make me repeat myself." [Great Chief]

"N-No... I apologize, Great Chief." [Head Elder]

One glare from the Great Chief and the Head Elder could feel himself under a lot of pressure. It was pressure enough to make it hard for him to breathe. It wasn't only the Head Elder, the only elders and warriors also felt the same pressure, unable to talk back even a single word.

There was no other choice left for the Head Elder but to submit and close his mouth. Though he didn't want the Chiefdom to associate with outsiders, he couldn't even open his mouth even if he wanted to. The pressure was simply too much.