Chapter 322: The First Rounds (pt. II)

WHOOHOOO OOHHHHH WAAAHHHHH

Excitement brewed and danced in the air, musical tunes bobbing up and down as they filled the arena, the sound of gongs bellowing all the while. The sun continued to fall but the excitement had yet to die down.

A few hours had passed since Lisandra's victory and the Carnival of Swords unfolded smoothly, without a single hitch. The Intermediate Division's 16 matches were all successful, the people applauding with bright smiles blooming on their faces.

It was now time for the Senior Division, loud clanging rupturing the air as their swords clashed with one another, sparks and shockwaves unfolding from time to time. Their swings were heavy and their sword art was simply on another level.

"Go, Sir Icarus! Show them the pride of a Royal Guard!"

"Lord Javis, do your best! Don't let the enemy land a single strike!"

"Lady Margaret~! Go! You can do it! We believe in you!"

And despite having cheered and screamed all day, the people's energy has yet to die downー or rather, it only rose when it was time for the big guns to show up, shouting on the top of their lungs and chanting the names of their idols.

Well, who wouldn't be? After all, more than a dozen of the participants were High-Rankers, and even those who aren't are on the pinnacle of C-rank, swordsmanship already at the "High" level, and some even at "Advanced". They were monsters.

"Lord Javis takes victory against Sir Lyle! He moves to the next round!" [Konan]

Another round, another victor. The moment the announcement rang, the audience's deafening enthusiasm followed. They were all having the time of their lives, chatting merrily about the highlights of the duels as the swordsmen made their exit.

"Hohoho! The Senior Division really is something else, isn't it, Partner? Only here can you see what the true worth of the sword really is!" [Terry]

"I couldn't agree more, Partner! If it weren't for the barrier, we would have already been blown away. Hahaha! How truly fortunate we are!" [Konan]

"Hey now, don't say something so ominous. Let's just admire the Swordmasters and their swordsmanship. Hohoho!" [Terry]

"Swordmasters... I like the ring of that, Partner. It's only natural that we address them with the most honorable of titles. Don't you think so too, everyone?!" [Konan]

The stage was being repaired and the commentators were back on their casual tone, trying not to bore the crowd and rallying them with their words, everyone cheering in affirmation the moment Konan asked them a question.

They talked and then talked some more. A couple minutes later, the stage was finally restored to its former glory, not a single crack nor bump to be seen anywhere. Magic truly was a convenient tool to have, both in battle and in everyday jobs.

"Yuna, you're up next, aren't you?" [Lisandra]

"Un! I think my opponent was another High-Ranker named... Umm... What was it again...? Li... Lis... Liz... Laz... Umm... Larks...?" [Yuna]

"Haah... At least remember your opponent's name... It's Lazareth...." [Grey]

"Un! That's right! It's Lazareth! He also uses the wind attribute like Grey!" [Yuna]

She was already up next, but there was not a trace of worry on her face. Rather, she was happily humming to herself, munching on some meat buns without a care in the world, swaying her head left and right as she smiled.

Lisandra already knew Yuna was a cheerful and carefree person, but she didn't think she wouldn't even flinch at the face of such a challenge. It can only make one wonder where the once meek and easily nervous Yuna had gone to.