Chapter 343: Vow of Swords

Start from the beginning

She then unsheathed her sword before them, making the two tilt their heads slightly in confusion, wondering what she was doing. Only Lionel understood her gestures, his eyes lightning up as he looked at his younger sister.

"Oh, we're doing that, huh... I see..." [Lionel]

The prince also followed suit and pulled out his sword from his storage ring, quickly unsheathing it from its scabbard. He then plunged it lightly towards the ground, his hands resting on the pommel, both relaxed and opened.

Lisandra was one and the same, her delicate-looking hands also perched atop the inverted sword. Their eyes glimmered just as brightly as the shimmer of their blades, traces of honor and dignity burning inside their hearts.

"I, Lisandra myr Lantre Graystone..." [Lisandra]

"I, Lionel myr Lantre Graystone..." [Lionel]

""... Swear upon my honor to walk the path of virtue. To forever hone my skills and sharpen my sword. May the heavens bear witness to this vow until the end of time... May fortune smile upon you until we cross swords again."" [Lionel and Lisandra]

Sudden vows were sung, the two were perfectly in sync as they recited their words before Grey and Yuna. The latter could only bear witness to the scene as it unfolded, the shimmers of the swords gracing their faces.

They didn't really understand what was happening before them, but they could feel the weight of the prince and princess' words. All they knew was that the two were serious, meaning each and every single word of their vow.

"Umm... That was...?" [Grey]

"It's a vow we often make here in Avalon whenever the time comes to part ways with our companions. A tradition, if you will." [Lionel]

"Yes. It signifies a promise to get stronger and to duel again the moment both parties meet again. It's a vow first done by King Parsifal." [Lisandra]

It was just as expected. They have already met and experienced countless traditions from different places and kingdoms, but Avalon's dedication to the sword really was something else. It was a marvel to behold.

"I see... In that case..." [Grey]

There wasn't a need to say any longer. With Lisandra and Lionel finished with their vows, Grey and Yuna also took out their swords. Yuna equipped the armament ring and manifested the Divine Sword, whilst Grey got ahold of Vulcan's Wrath.

In the same manner, they plunged their swords on the ground, little tremors running through as they passed a tiny bit of mana. They soon opened their mouths, reciting the very same words the prince and princess said.

"I, Grey of Aster..." [Grey]

"I, Yuna of Aster..." [Yuna]

""... Swear upon my honor to walk the path of virtue. To forever hone my skills and sharpen my sword. May the heavens bear witness to this vow until the end of time. May fortune smile upon you until we cross swords again."" [Grey and Yuna]

Their voices rang out loud and clear, the words dancing in the air as the winds blew past them. There wasn't a single mistake, their words carried with truth and sincerity as they conveyed them towards Lionel and Lisandra.

The fact that they memorized such a lengthy statement was amazing, but perhaps even more than they were amazed, they were happy. It was but a little gesture, but they couldn't help but have their lips break into subtle and gentle smiles.

With the bow done and dusted, and the winds sweeping through the garden, Grey and Yuna hopped on to Sirius and rode on her back. The platinum dragon spread her wings, the winds howling on her wake and the leaves rustling along them.