Ch 51 December with Babies

Saturday December second Harry and Ginny were at breakfast in the kitchen of Grimmauld Place when she received an owl from Ivana Romanoff. She read it, looked at Harry, and told him, "I guess Ivana is serious about Hudson Jordan."

"Oh?" Harry responded, moving next to Ginny to read the message.

"She wants to spend Christmas Eve with his family, and then bring him to Christmas day with us," Ginny explained, pointing out the message on the parchment.

"Oh!" Harry exclaimed, as he read the parchment.

"Oh indeed," Ginny grinned. "I knew she was seeing Hudson, going to dances with him. She swore me to secrecy, and I was never sure if it was serious."

"Bringing him to face the mob at your mother's house is serious!" Harry exclaimed.

"It is lots of people, and a number of rather forceful personalities," Ginny agreed. "Mum and dad are not that old for Magi. I just wonder what it will be like when there is another generation. It could take a moderate size hotel to hold all their descendants."

Ginny made a face. "Victoire and Teddy, Albus and Cleo all want big families. We are going to have the same issue if we live long lives."

Harry smiled. It was the type of problem he did not mind facing. His children only had one set of grandparents, and he didn't mind being the second set of grandparents to Teddy's children, or to Ivana's. Even though he and Ginny had not really planned on having such a big family.

"Do you want me to take Monica?" Harry asked. Ginny stood up, and Harry unfastened the carrier with the tiny baby in it and put it on. He made sure the oxygen concentrator was in place, and looked at the bracelet that would turn from green to orange if the baby was having trouble breathing. Harry started to walk back and forth; the motion soothed the unhealthy baby.

Ginny looked sadly at Monica. "I could spend all of my time taking care of her, but I need to be doing something else," she shook her head, trying to clear it. "I'm going to spend a little time playing with Gregory. I feel I'm leaving Gregory to mum and the Elves too much."

Gregory was sleeping in a cot they had in the kitchen, a much more content and healthy baby than his sister.

*

"I thought that I'd get a Christmas vacation," Lily complained as she and her mother worked on a schedule for interviews and columns for the month of December. Ginny had redone the office on the top floor of Grimmauld Place so there were desks for both of them, side by side, so they could work on columns together.

"As long as I am tied down with Monica Jane you are going to have to be doing most of the interviews," Ginny replied. "You are doing an excellent job of it." Ginny looked down at the tiny baby she was wearing. Gregory was on a blanket on the floor of the office, lifting his head and trying to roll. An Elf was talking to him in Elvish, and Gregory was obviously listening, making noises.

Lily frowned, typed a few things on her tablet, and then printed out a list. Ginny made a couple of suggestions and Lily frowned at her, crinkled up her nose, and furiously threw out the first list. She printed out a second list, and gave a big sigh.

"I thought Billy and I would have a LOT more time together after Quidditch season," Lily griped. "It is some better, but between practice and exercise and working on strategy and recruiting with James and Mrs. Paganelli he is, well, it is more than a full time job."

"That is what it takes to be successful, Lily," Ginny responded. "Your reporting and writing have become better and better since you started helping me. You have talent, but you have also worked hard at it."