Ch 31 New Bedrooms

The Hogwarts Express arrived at the Hogwarts Station very late in the afternoon. The carriages were waiting for the students as usual. It was a cold and cloudy winter day, but not blustery, and the ride to the castle was not too uncomfortable

"Why did they put the train station on the other side of Hogwarts?" Ben asked as Al and Cleo, Richard and Annabella, Jesus and Ginny entered one of the carriages.

"Rose and Scorpius are the font of all knowledge when it comes to Hogwarts history," Albus replied. "It is not like the Express is a regular train. No one in Hogsmeade uses it to travel to or from the village."

"I understand we have rooms next to you, in the married professor's wing," Ben told the crowded carriage as he and Karen crowded in.

"I can give you some of the history of the Hogwarts Express, later, if you are interested," a somewhat distracted Rose told Ben.

The next hour was spent in a rush as married students rushed to find their rooms and move all their belongings into them.

*

As the students filed into the Great Hall they noticed a side table up where the professors sat. Sitting there were six older Magi.

As the students sat down Minerva McGonagall stood up and announced, "The table over there," pointing, "is for some additional guards.

"I expect most or all of you have read about the battle at Malfoy Manor." The headmistress looked around, as the students nodded. None of the students seemed totally unaware of the battle. "I am sure there will be books written about what led up to the battle, the battle itself, and how that battle changed the history of the Magi. I will say very little about that now.

"Albus and Cleopatra Potter are now heirs apparent to a position of power in Switzerland, and I understand that they will probably be traveling to Switzerland sometime this Spring. Meanwhile they have things to deal with here. They are staying in the wing of the castle that is usually reserved for professors. They are no longer Hogwarts students.

"I would like to meet with all of the newly married students, plus any who may have become engaged over the winter holidays who want to meet, right after dinner," Minerva McGonagall continued. She sat down as dinner appeared on the tables.

*

As dinner was starting Rudolphus Dearborn strode up to Albus, folded his arms, and in a hostile voice snapped, "Too high and mighty to sleep with us common folk?"

"I was anticipating sleeping with Cleo, not you, and I thought you wanted to sleep with Helena," Albus replied, working to stay calm. Some of the Slytherin students were still hostile, and it was frustrating and tiring living with them.

"You are not in the dormitory," Rudolphus stressed, sneering. "You knew what I meant."

"I don't have much choice," Albus ruefully replied. "I'm discovering that Cleo and I are expected to make many decisions for the wider magical community, but we are not exactly free to do whatever we want. It is more confining than I expected."

Rudolphus just shook his head.

Annabella told Helena Rosier Dearborn, "Congratulations on your wedding."

Helena replied, "Thank you. You were not there."

"I've been disowned because I married a Muggle born," Annabella explained. "I would have come, we would have come, if we had been invited."

Helena glanced at Rudolphus before loudly proclaiming, "If we had more time to plan the wedding, and if I had known, I would have made sure you were invited. WE would have come to your wedding too." Helena glared at Rudolphus when she said we.