Ch 43 Problem Pregnancies

"I'm going to see my midwitch today," Ginny told Harry Tuesday May second, as the couple ate breakfast in their Grimmauld Place kitchen. "The appointment is eleven, at St. Mungo's. Minerva will be at . Do you think you can make it?

"I'm speaking at Hogwarts at Dinner tonight, but before that I am free," Harry told Ginny. "Thirty years since The Battle of Hogwarts! Can you believe it?"

"May second is noticed by most Magi in Britain, but it is not exactly a public holiday, and St. Mungo's is working as usual," Ginny noted.

Are you expecting to find out anything today?" Harry wondered.

"Probably not much, but this is the first time I'm expecting twins, and I am a little nervous," a slightly worried Ginny responded.

"I will plan on meeting you at St. Mungo's just before eleven," Harry reassured his wife.

*

The midwitch was waving her wand over Ginny's womb looking concerned, and finally she left and went to get another midwitch. The two midwitches conferred, and then the first one told Ginny and Harry, "Well, we have two babies. It is just one seems to be way smaller than the other. We think they are both healthy and we think they are both magical, but we are not sure. I'd like to get a better picture of the two babies. We can get an ultrasound picture here in Great Britain, but the best magical hospital in the world is Mayo Magical. We would like to send you there to get a better idea what we are dealing with."

"I am going to call the office," Harry told Ginny. "I can cancel my Hogwarts talk. We are going to Mayo Magical!"

The midwife told the couple, "Give me a day or so to get you an appointment. This is not an emergency."

"Go back to work, Harry," Ginny told him.

"Yes, dear," Harry meekly replied. "You are going to be with me at Hogwarts tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss seeing you embarrassed to be called a hero," Ginny laughed.

Harry frowned. Defeating Tom Riddle was very much a group effort, even if he did battle one on one with Tom at the end. Ginny was right. Hero worship embarrassed him, and his embarrassment amused her.

*

"Your magic seems to be in control," the witch at the reception desk at Mayo Medical told Ginny and Harry Thursday. "If not you would have to put your wands in a container."

"Our homes have Muggle, that is No-Maj, technology," Harry replied. "We are used to keeping our magic under control."

"Ginny, we want you to go laboratory first, before going to the imaging department," she told the couple, as she gave them directions. Ginny first went to one department, where she had to give some urine and her blood was drawn. Then she was sent to the Imaging Department.

The Mayo Medical technician spread some compound on Ginny's belly over her womb and moved the instrument over her as some sort of images appeared on a screen. The technician spent some time moving the instrument, working the controls as the image on the screen changed. Occasionally Harry saw the technician do what he could interpret as taking a picture.

"I cannot tell you everything I am seeing," The technician told the couple. "There are two live babies, one much larger than the other. I understand the concern, and need to let a nurse midwitch who specializes in some magical imaging look at you, Ginny, before the team talks to you."

The couple were taken to another room where Ginny was asked to lie down, and a parchment was suspended above her womb. Another witch then took out a wand and moved it over Ginny as a picture slowly appeared on the parchment, and then developed into a rough three dimensional image. You could see two babies, a larger blue one and a smaller pink one, surrounded by a deep purple red womb. Depending on which view the midwitch was trying to display the color on the smaller baby became stronger or fainter.