Chapter 342: Peace After the Labyrinth

Start from the beginning

She grabbed the cup of hot chocolate, and took a quick sip. The warmth of the drink and the punch of sweetness woke her up fully, a bright glimmer sparkling in her eyes. She was filled with energy, a bright smile painted on her lovely face.

And whilst the young lady was having breakfast, Grey was having a cup of coffee for himself. He already had breakfast, and had warmed his body up. He was more than content as he watched his beloved enjoy her meal.

"That reminds me, Grey..." [Yuna]

"Hm?" [Grey]

"I didn't think you adored me that much..." [Yuna]

It was all too sudden, Grey almost spilling his cup of coffee as he flinched. It came out like a curveball, Grey filled with panic as he looked at Yuna. The very same Yuna who was now wearing a teasing and mischievous smile on her face.

"So I'm your Goddess, huh... Fufufu! Grey, am I really that beautiful?" [Yuna]

Of course, Yuna was talking about none other than the secrets God spilled about how much he praised her when he conquered the Labyrinth of Flames. All the admiration and adoration was spilled without sparing single detail.

Grey already praises and compliments Yuna a lot during their usual days, but what was revealed was even sweeter and sappier. It was something so embarrassing, he couldn't bring himself to say it to his girlfriend at the time. Secrets which have now been revealed to the very last person he wanted to hear it.

"No... Yuna, that... They were all a lie, you know? Don't believe his words so easily just because he's a God." [Grey]

"Really? Then why were you so panicky back then? Your face was also incredibly red! Was that also a lie?" [Yuna]

"Well, that... I was just flustered..." [Grey]

"Fufufu! Is that so~? Flustered, huh~?" [Yuna]

The young man tried to act calm and dismiss the topic with a composed attitude, but with how flustered he was yesterday, there was no escape. No matter what excuses he makes, Yuna knows that all God said was true.

"What did you say again...? Ah, right! I'm so cute when I hug you that you feel like your heart is about to explode every time? Is that true?" [Yuna]

"I don't know what you're talking about... I don't remember saying that..." [Grey]

"Really? Then I assume your heart won't beat faster when I hug you, right? It won't, right? I'm sure it won't~! Right~?" [Yuna]

"H-Hey! Yuna, cut it out already!" [Grey]

It is usually her that gets teased, but now that she got the opportunity, there was no way she was letting it go. She pressed on her fiancé as much as she could, enjoying the spectacle which was Grey flustered face. A rare sight to behold.

She approached Grey with a mischievous smile and pounced at him. She embraced him tightly, placing her head over his chest and listening to the sound of his racing heart. It was so fast, it might fly out of his chest at any given moment.

"Wa... Waah... It... It really is racing..." [Yuna]

It was only when she heard the rhythm of Grey's bearing heart that she realized how embarrassed Grey really is. He always puts on a calm front, but deep inside, his love for Yuna was running rampant, it feels like he's going crazy.

She was aggressive at first, but now she was just embarrassed as Grey was, beet red all the way to the tip of her pointy ears. She continued to listen to his heartbeats, her heart resonating with his as she held his hand.