and ESPECIALLY THIS ONE! can you actually look at this and claim it's not PLAGIARISM?!

there are SO many more but I ain't clogging my camera roll up with anymore plagiarism <3

and then she starts writing season 3 and literally names the first two chapters after mine... 'tattoo' and 'first day back' now I get they're quite generic titles but on top of everything else I doubt it's a coincidence.

There were also 2 more chapters about their OC's seventeenth birthday where she turns at Heather's party, runs off into the woods and is kidnapped by Ethan and Aiden... and another chapter where it was called 'dead weight' and i kid you not it was my chapter 'dead giveaway' WORD. FOR. WORD. but I think she's taken them down now.

I confronted her in her DMs about all of this blatant plagiarism, and all I got was ignorant denial. She claimed she took nothing from my book, which is just an out right lie.

They have now blocked me, which is the only reason I've resorted to this message to you guys. I've reported it for plagiarism as it's hurtful to see my work being copied without credit, but I don't know if it'll be enough to get it taken down.

It's also the fact I would've been totally okay with all of it had she not started denying it to me and calling my loyal readers 'blind' for accusing her of it. She also said it was 'silly' to 'argue over books' and while it's just fanfiction, COPYRIGHT IS A SERIOUS OFFENCE AND REAL ISSUE!

It's just really bugged me because of how obvious the plagiarism is, and the way she rudely denied it to me. The author claimed she copied Hope Mikaelson's plot not Aspen's, but like... girl... I've watched both TO and Legacies and we both know that's bs.

Aspen is my character, I put SO much effort into creating her plots, her family dynamic, her tropes and relationship with Stiles. Now I LOVE how much you guys love her as much as I do, I love that I've created a character that people root for and support. But to take a character that I've spent the last two years writing and creating and just put her in a different faceclaim and name and act like that's not copying? I don't love that so much.

Please if you guys could just check out some of the examples of plagiarism I've listed and (politely, obviously don't harass her) and tell her it's not okay that she's done this. I've done all I can by reporting it, but the author has blocked me. I'm not sure of what else to do and this whole thing has just really bugged me.

The fact that she's going on to write season 3 as well makes me concerned that she plans to copy Bend The Rules, and potentially my whole series. She already copied the birthday chapter and the one that follows, though I did manage to get her to take those down.

And also THANK YOU to those of you who pointed out this author to me, I never would've come across it otherwise.

Say it with me: PLAGIARISM IS NOT OKAY! PLAGIARISM ≠ INSPIRATION

I myself am guilty of taking inspiration from other books, it was the Borderline (Harper Verum) series that made me want to write my own Teen Wolf books. But not in a single chapter is there any instance where I copied dyianobriens' work or writing. Being inspired by an author, I believe, is a high compliment. I get a lot of messages from people telling me this series has made them want to write their own, and that makes me SO HAPPY!

But to blatantly copy someone's work and pass it off as your own, and then deny it once confronted? That's plagiarism. And if it were an actual book and not a fanfiction, it would be a literal crime. So it's not 'silly' to get into argument about books, it's serious.

Cross Your Mind, along with the other FIVE BOOKS, is my work, no one else's.

Anyway, sorry for the angry rant, but obviously, this whole situation is not sitting well with me. Authors put so much hard work into making ORIGINAL WORK, and for it to be copied without being given so much as inspiration credit SUCKS! I know I might sound harsh, but I've spent the last 2 years of my life writing this series and Aspen's character, I'm attached to her and it feels like these books are a part of me.

With all that being said, my rant is over. Please help me get the book taken down guys, I've been blocked so there's no more I can do myself. I tried to put this on my message board but it was just too long and exceeded the word limit.

Plagiarising author's work, even if it's 'just a fanfiction' is wrong.