001 | PARIS

001 | PARIS

( paris — taylor swift )

❝ i was taken by the view like we were in paris,
like we were somewhere else ❞

❝ i was taken by the view like we were in paris,like we were somewhere else ❞

PARIS, FRANCE,
SEPTEMBER 2024

_____________________________

PARIS was beautiful this time of year.

It may have taken them a decade to finally get around to it, but finally— Aspen and Lydia made it to Paris.

They'd been saving for this trip with their pay checks and savings for the better part of two years now, trying to find a week they could both getaway from work.

It was now half way through September, and it was the last night of their trip. The two women were sat in a fancy French restaurant that night, that looked out onto the view of the Eiffel Tower. They were dressed very elegantly, as a waiter walked them over to their reserved table for the night.

"Out with it," Lydia said with raised eyebrows as she pulled out her seat and sat down at the fancy laid out table, as the Bellator woman looked at her with confusion.

"Out with what?" Aspen replied, brushing a stray hair away from her face.

Her hair was shorter now than it was when she was a teenager, cut at shoulder length with a few caramel highlights throughout. Over the years, she'd had quite a few different styles, but it had remained like this for about three years now.

"Something has been on your mind this entire trip," Lydia said, placing her elbows on the table as she rested her chin in her clasped hands, "You haven't brought it up, so I assume you haven't wanted to talk about it, but Aspen— come on! We're finally in Paris, looking out on the frickin' Eiffel Tower, and you look like you're waiting to find out someone died!"

"It's just a work thing." Aspen sighed, rolling her eyes playfully at Lydia's dramatic analogy.

"A work thing?" Lydia raised a brow.

"Yeah, a work thing." Aspen smiled, and then began to explain what was on her mind, letting out another sigh. "When I left the office last week, Christina mentioned this promotion to me."

"Christina's your boss, right?" Lydia asked, making sure she had her facts right.

Because while the two women finally made a getaway to Paris together, they hadn't exactly been staying completely in touch over the past few years. There was nothing personal to it, they were just both so busy with their careers and personal lives that it got harder to make time for each other.