019 | GUILTY OR INNOCENT

( all for us — labrinth / zendaya )

❝ guilty or innocent
my love is infinite
i'm giving it
no need for prisoners
bitch please hands up this is a
stick up ❞

❝ guilty or innocent my love is infinite i'm giving it no need for prisoners bitch please hands up this is a stick up ❞

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK
— THE COURTROOM

THE TRIAL | PART 2
word count: 12k !!!

______________________________

ASPEN WALKED QUICKLY out of the courtroom and out into the hallway as the Judge called a recess. Stiles was about to ask her where she was going in such a hurry before he saw what she was seeing— Alexander. It was him who Aspen was rushing after to speak to.

Out in the hallway, it was crawling with police officers, lawyers dressed in fancy suits, people under arrest who were looking scared shitless—but Aspen wasn't interested in any of them.

"Hey!" she said with a demanding tone, making Alex turn around as she walked up to him, "What the hell did he do?"

Alex snickered with amusement, shoving his hands in his blazer pockets as he looked down at her unbothered. "What, you mean other than murder Ethan Steiner?"

"No," Aspen shot back, "I meant— what the hell did he do that made you hate him so much?"

"Hey, this is just the job," Alex shrugged, "It's nothing personal, right?"

"There's not a single thing about this case that isn't personal." she shot back. "It's one thing to do your job and prosecute someone, it's another to do what you just did out there on the stand. You can't actually think he's been behind all these killings in the past ten years?"

"Actually I can," Alexander sighed, tilting his head condescendingly, "And I do."

"No," Aspen refused to accept that simple answer as a justification, shaking her head, as Alex tried to walk right by her, she pressed her palm to his chest and pushed him back to where he stood right in front of her. "You don't."

Alex scoffed at her persistence. "You gonna try and tell me what I do and don't believe?"

"You were his friend, Alex." Aspen said, searching for a real reason in Alex's eyes, "All he ever did to you was be there for you, be kind to you— and what, he quits one job and you're ready to sentence him to life in prison? Are you really that petty?"

Alexander broke out in a humourless chuckle, shaking his head as he looked down, while Aspen's brows furrowed as she watched his laughter.

"You think this is about him quitting FBI?" Alex said with a mocking tone.