020 | BAD GIRLS WORLD

( bad girls world — halestorm )

❝ cause they'll never understand
that we live in a bad girl's world,
a bad girl's world,
a bad girl's world...❞

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK___________________________

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK
___________________________

ASPEN HAD NEVER FELT SUCH PRIDE AND JOY AFTER WINNING A TRIAL BEFORE. Her, Scott, Kira, Malia and a recently-freed Stiles— were all supposed to go out to a diner that night. It was partly to celebrate Aspen's win in court— but also so that they could all talk about what was really going on.

Each and every one of them knew that Stiles being framed for Ethan's murder was no coincidence.

Aspen got in a town car with Jordan back to their apartment shortly after the verdict was ruled. They both knew they had a lot to talk about, but Jordan was beyond proud of her performance in the courtroom. In the car on the way back to their home, they sat in the back seats, with Jordan's arm wrapped around her shoulder, her head rested on his.

They got up to their floor and walked into their penthouse, and Aspen took off her blazer, undid a few buttons of her shirt as she let out a sigh of relaxation and relief. The past two months of her life had been leading up to today—and now that it was over, and she succeeded, a weight had been lifted off her shoulders—

But only to be replaced by a new one: Lydia being missing, and someone wanting her dead.

"I'm gonna go get changed into something more comfortable," Aspen said to Jordan, kissing him on the cheek and giving him a smile. "I'm gonna head out to meet the others in about an hour?"

Jordan's brows frowned a bit, "You don't want me to come with you?"

Aspen felt a little bad about not involving him, but she and her old friends had a hell of a lot to talk about— things they couldn't really say in Jordan's presence.

"It's not that," she shook her head with a shrug, "It's just— all of us haven't really hung out together like this since high school. I don't want you to feel, I don't know— isolated? It's only for a night, okay? Then we'll talk?"

Jordan smiled weakly, nodding his head as he tried to be understanding for her. "Okay,"

Aspen touched his arm with her hand briefly, giving him a pursed-lip smile as she headed to the dressing room to change into some casual clothes out of her business suit. She grabbed a pair of baggy denim mom-jeans, a long sleeved white turtleneck, and threw an over-sized leather bomber on over the top.

She was just putting some casual black boots on when she heard a knock on the door, followed by Jordan calling out— "Asp, there's some people here to see you!"