*009 | TOO CLOSE

*009 | TOO CLOSE

( too close — alex clare)

❝ you know we're headed in separate ways...
and it feels like i am just too close to love you
there's nothing i can really say
i can't lie no more, i can't hide no more
got to be true to myself
and it feels like i am just too close to love you,
so i'll be on my way ❞

and it feels like i am just too close to love you there's nothing i can really sayi can't lie no more, i can't hide no more got to be true to myself and it feels like i am just too close to love you, so i'll be on my way ❞

6 YEARS AGO ( 2018 )
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK

___________________________

       ASPEN WALKED THROUGH the door of her and Stiles' new apartment, dressed in a denim skirt, a pale pink button down shirt tucked into the waistband, a tan suede blazer and matching tan knee-high boots. Her hair was long and filled with thick, caramel blonde highlights.

She had gotten new job since her and Stiles made the choice to move from Virgina to New York, but it was still a magazine writing job, which had fairly lenient dress code. It paid a lot better than the last one, and was more promising long term.

She let out a sigh as she set down her handbag on the couch. Their apartment in Brooklyn was even smaller than the one they had in Quantico, the entire thing was just one room, plus a small bathroom that only fit a toilet and a very run-down shower.

Stiles was sat at at the kitchen counter with his head buried in some work, dressed in sweats and a navy t-shirt. His hair was fairly long, very disheveled and messy as if he'd been running his hand through it in stress all day.

Aspen noticed the whole room was in the dark, so she went to switch on the light, only to find it wouldn't turn on.

"Stiles, did you forget to pay the electricity bill again?" she sighed a little irritably, setting down her keys.

"I didn't forget—" Stiles murmured in response, "We just didn't have enough to pay it—again."

Aspen could hear the annoyance in his voice, and she didn't reply as she just let out another sigh, heading over to the corner of the small, one-room apartment where the 'kitchen' was, to make a cup of coffee while he sat there on one of the two stools they had, barely looking up from his work.

Aspen tried to pour some hot water from the tap into a mug to make her hot beverage, but when she held her hand under the running water that was meant to be hot, it was freezing cold.

"And the hot water?" she muttered, clenching her hands around the sink as she had her back to him, but he wasn't looking up anyway.

"Aspen, we barely make enough to pay rent." Stiles sighed.

Aspen turned around to look at him, feeling like his tone was somewhat resentful towards her.

Things had been tense since they moved out of Quantico to Brooklyn a few months ago, normal life problems were starting to pile up on them. While they were living in Virginia, Aspen had gotten a job offer from a magazine firm in Brooklyn, which she was more interested in than her previous job, and it payed a little better too. Stiles said he was willing to up and move their life to New York if she really wanted to follow this dream, even if it meant he had to leave the Quantico FBI office, where he was finally starting to earn respect and make a difference, to move to the New York headquarters.

Heartbreak Weather , Stiles Stilinski ⁶ ✓ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara