012 | SAVE THE DATE

012 | SAVE THE DATE

( no particular song for this chapter

( no particular song for this chapter ) 

SANTIAGO,
SOUTH AMERICA

__________________________

               AFTER THEIR NAMES WERE CLEARED BY THE FBI MANY YEARS AGO, Derek and Ace had been living a pretty peaceful life in Santiago. Even though they were in their early thirties now, they weren't married, they hadn't started a family or anything like that, but they loved their relationship the way it was, neither one of them felt like anything was missing.

The only thing Ace wished he got more of was time with his sister. After she graduated college, the two siblings didn't see each other much. Ace would try to make the trip up to New York for the holidays with Derek, and Aspen had flown out to Santiago to surprise them for birthdays every now and then.

But life drifting siblings apart was pretty much inevitable in most cases, they had different lives, lived in different continents.

Ace and Derek didnt exactly need to work high earning jobs, seeing as Derek's inheritance from his family and many Hale vaults would've kept them living comfortably for a long time. But Derek did have a job working as a deputy for the local sheriff station, every now and then there would be a supernatural situation with young werewolves which he would deal with, it made him feel good to be able to help them. And Ace was a manager of a local gym he'd set up himself with help from his boyfriend.

Ace was home one evening at their apartment when the door swung open and Derek walked through, dressed in his deputy uniform and a few envelopes in his hand.

"Found these in our mailbox downstairs," he said greetingly, walking over to Ace who was sat on the couch watching television.

"Hello to you too, lover," Ace replied sarcastically with a chuckle.

Derek walked around the couch and took a seat, rolling his eyes playfully at Ace's remark as he flipped through the many envelopes. Most of them looked pretty boring, just bills and taxes.

But there were two in particular that were addressed very personally to each of them in handwritten calligraphy. It peaked his interest far more than the others in the pile, as he passed Ace the one addressed to him.

"What's this?" Ace asked, inspecting his envelope.

"I don't know, but it looks fancy." Derek shrugged, and the two of them then both opened up the envelopes finding blush-pink card invitations inside.

Ace's eyebrows shot up in surprise, not expecting to see what it was.

SAVE THE DATE !!!
For the wedding of ASPEN BELLATOR and JORDAN HAYES