039 | TIMING IN TIMES LIKE THESE

( renegade — big red machine,
ft. taylor swift )

" is it insensitive for me to say
get your shit together
so i can love you?
is it really your anxiety
that keeps you from giving me everything
or do you just not want to? "

" is it insensitive for me to sayget your shit together so i can love you? is it really your anxiety that keeps you from giving me everythingor do you just not want to? "

( renegade is 100% stiles' pov in this chapter... )

MANHATTAN,
NEW YORK
____________________________

"OOH, KINKY." Aspen chuckled as Stiles wrapped a black cloth around her eyes as a blindfold, then proceeding to open the car door for her.

"Should've known you'd make a comment like that," Stiles laughed, making sure she got into the seat safely and then closing the car door.

"Remind me again why I have to be blindfolded?" Aspen asked as Stiles got in the driver's seat, "If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were giving off a real kidnappy vibe right now."

"Because it's a surprise," Stiles chuckled, switching the engine on.

"A surprise?" Aspen scoffed, "We literally just found out that Allison is sired to Theo and that she's basically superhuman with a super-villain agenda, and we're spending time on surprises?"

"Just shut up and let me do this," Stiles smiled— even though Aspen couldn't see it through the blindfold. "It's not a long drive."

Aspen's lips pursed in thought, and then she sighed. "Fine— but only because you've got me incredibly curious."

It was about ten minutes later when Stiles pulled the car over to a curb to park on the side of the road, and as he pulled up the handbrake to stop the car, he reached over to Aspen in the passenger seat and said "You ready?"

"Dying of anticipation." Aspen smirked, making Stiles laugh as he untied it and revealed the surprise to her as she looked out of the window.

The smile on Aspen's lips fell as she realised where they were, where Stiles had brought her.

A pit formed in her stomach as her entire mood shifted from the excitement from a few seconds ago, to dread.

An adoption centre.

"Stiles..." Aspen's mood had completely shifted as she turned to look at him with a wary look.

"What's the harm in a visit?" Stiles said softly, "You said you were open to thinking about it, Asp."

"Yeah— but only after everything with Allison is over." Aspen clarified.

Aspen noticed something about his expression change for a moment as she said that, but it was gone as soon as it arrived.