*016 | SAVE YOUR TEARS

( save your tears — the weeknd )

❝ i saw you dancing in a crowded room,
you look so happy when i'm not with you,
but then you saw me
caught you by surprise
a single teardrop falling from your eye ❞

❝ i saw you dancing in a crowded room,you look so happy when i'm not with you, but then you saw mecaught you by surprisea single teardrop falling from your eye ❞

5 YEARS AGO
HALLOWEEN, 2019

📍BOSTON,
MASSACHUSETTS 

_______________________________

THE LAST PLACE ASPEN WANTED TO BE TONIGHT—was at a nightclub.

It was slowly coming up to the one year mark of her and Stiles being broken up. She had completely and utterly spiralled these past twelve months, her life fell apart.

She'd been crashing at Jo's apartment ever since she finally gathered the courage to move out of the apartment that she and Stiles once shared together. Jo always made her feel like a welcome house guest and roommate, but Aspen knew she had to get her life together at some point. The book she spent years writing, pouring her heart and soul into— didn't sell. It never even made it to a publisher that actually wanted it. Her magazine journalist job—the whole reason she and Stiles moved to New York in the first place—didn't appear to be going anywhere either. She wasn't making enough on her own to afford to move out of Jo's place and find her own apartment.

And then a couple months ago—she did something about it. She made the first step in turning her life around, attempting to force herself out of her slump of heartbreak and depression.

She enrolled at Harvard Law.

Josephine was in the last year of her law degree, as she had enrolled in the post-grad programme right after graduating with a bachelors. Every time Jo talked about law and how she was finding the course, Aspen wondered if maybe it would be something for her to consider. Aspen sent in an application, and before she knew it, she was moving into a dorm room all over again, and the Dean of Admissions was even generous enough to extend the scholarship she'd previously been awarded for the year.

She did say she was always jealous of Alex and Stiles for catching criminals for a living—putting them behind bars whilst still keeping a perfectly manicured set of nails sounded pretty nice.

Aspen had been enrolled in the Harvard Law conversion degree programme for about two months now—and Jo had insisted on dragging her out for halloween. Aspen had been spending every waking hour slumped out on the couch, stuffing her face with Ben and Jerry's Phish Food ice cream, crying her eyes out to the classic heartbreak movies.

Jo was starting to worry about her. She knew how serious Aspen and Stiles were—hell, Aspen arrived back at college the second semester with an engagement ring on her finger, at the age of eighteen. But Jo had never been in that kind of love before—she wasn't used to seeing how lifeless Aspen was without him.