025 | THE DEVIL I KNOW

( devil I know— Allie X )

" baby you're the devil i know,
i know, hmm,
better than the devil i don't "

" baby you're the devil i know, i know, hmm,better than the devil i don't "

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK
"THE REVEAL"

______________________________

                ASPEN HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO BREATHE PROPERLY IN PEACE SINCE this whole thing started. Since she visited Stiles in prison and he told her that the infamous faceless killer had been after her— this whole time.

Her and Jordan had basically been stepping on eggshells around each other since the trial—Aspen knew she had to cut the chord sooner rather than later for his own safety, but it wasn't that easy.

She did love Jordan. He'd become a big part of her life and an even bigger source of happiness for her. Letting him go wasn't going to be a walk in the park— she was going to be letting go of a lot.

Not to mention she was going to break his heart—and that was the last thing she wanted to do to a person who had been there for her at one of the darkest periods of her life.

Jordan Hayes was the first person to put a genuine smile back on her face after her and Stiles split up— he was the first person that really made her believe she might actually be okay in the end.

But Aspen had more precautions to take than just inevitably letting her fiancé go. Ever since Avery Drake broke into her apartment, ever since Scott and Stiles called her last night warning her of the blonde assassin's return, and the return of one of many former enemies, Raven Chasuesse—Aspen could not keep going about her glamorous life as if her life weren't on the line.

The Bellator woman was now sat in Christina's office, her hands in her lap as her legs bobbed up and down nervously.

"Aspen, what is this about?" her boss asked with a sensitive and kind tone, clasping her palms on her desk.

"I need to ask a favour," Aspen said with a nervous nod, "I need, um—I need to ask for some time off."

Christina seemed confused by Aspen's nervousness, as the request seemed noble and regular. "What, you goin' on vacation? Is this for the honeymoon I keep hearing Jordan go on about?" the woman added that last part in a chuckle.

Aspen immediately shook her head, "No, no—there's no honeymoon. I—I mean—there's no honeymoon yet, I meant yet. Y'know—cause we haven't set a date yet, not because the wedding's off or anything. I don't know why anyone would think the wedding's off—"