031 | KILL US ALL

031 | KILL US ALL

( kill us all — the neighbourhood,
ft. denzel curry )

" this is for everybody out there
trynna play hero,
yeah, it just might kill us all "

" this is for everybody out there trynna play hero,yeah, it just might kill us all "

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

______________________________

LYDIA WASN'T SURE HOW MUCH TIME HAD PASSED since she got out of that cab at the airport, waving goodbye to Aspen as the duo got back to New York from France.

All she knew was it had been a long time.

—THREE MONTHS AGO—

"Oh look— there's a cab!" Aspen lit up with a smile of relief as she and Lydia walked out of JFK airport, decked head to toe in fancy designer coats and French beret's.

"We need two cabs, Asp," Lydia rolled her eyes playfully, "Alex is expecting me home— you know—in Brooklyn? Little Miss Manhattan?"

"Well, Brooklyn's kinda on the way..." Aspen pointed out in reply.

"With New York traffic in rush hour?" Lydia laughed, "Yeah right— it would take you hours. Come on— you just take this one and I'll probably get the subway anyway."

Aspen frowned only at the thought of parting with Lydia already—they'd spent a whole week together in Paris, but that was an anomaly for them—they didn't see much of each other anymore with their busy lives.

"Okay, well..." Aspen smiled weakly, "I guess I'll get goin'..."

"Don't get all sad on me," Lydia playfully hit her arm, "Remember what we talked about? We'll start doing a better job at staying in contact, we're in the same city— we need to do better, okay?"

Aspen pursed her lips in a smile and nodded her head, "We'll do better," she agreed, "Okay so—not goodbye, but uh— see you soon?"

Lydia grinned, and pulled Aspen in for a hug, "See you soon, Asp."

Aspen then got into the cab that pulled up onto the curb right beside them, and a few moments later, the car was driving off as Aspen was waving to Lydia through the window until the strawberry blonde was out of sight.

Lydia soon after began walking towards the nearest subway station, tugging her beige trench coat around herself to keep warm— as it was late and tarting to get dark and chilly.

The Martin woman turned down a street, as she had her google maps up on her phone to direct her to the subway.

She was about to open up her text messages and send her boyfriend, Alex Reeves, a text telling him she'd be back home soon and how she couldn't wait to tell him all about Paris.