*023 | HOTEL ROOM

*023 | HOTEL ROOM

( hotel — montell fish )

" when i met you in that hotel room
i could tell that you were so bad news
and i keep messing with ya,
messing with ya,
and now you're messing with me
messing with me "

" when i met you in that hotel roomi could tell that you were so bad newsand i keep messing with ya, messing with ya,and now you're messing with memessing with me "

3 YEARS AGO (2021)
IBIZA, SPAIN

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
- mentions of terrorism
- gun violence

___________________________

         IT WAS AN EXTRA HOT SUMMER IN IBIZA, as Stiles was out in the field of a CIA mission with his partner, a green-eyed, blonde-haired woman, Avery Drake.

"Any sign of the target?" Avery asked with a carefully low tone, and a standard American accent, wearing a pair of sunglasses on the bridge of her nose, her and Stiles sat on opposite sides of a table in a small, outdoors cafe.

"Not yet," Stiles replied with a sigh, glancing the other direction, "He's expected to walk out of that building on the far right over there any minute with the device."

Avery glanced over her shoulder to where Stiles had pointed to, seeing nothing worthy of note and turned back around, sighing as she leant back in the seat.

"Wanna... I don't know, have a chat?" Avery shrugged, making Stiles' brows furrow, "You know, while we wait for the inevitable car and gun chase?"

"We should probably stay focused," Stiles said unenthusiastically, "Besides, since when do we ever chat?" he added, a little mockingly.

"Well, we spend most of our days together, you've seen me blow a guy's brains out— yet all we really know about each other are our names." Avery suggested, cocking an eyebrow.

"Well, what do you wanna know?" Stiles shot back, "As you said, we spend most of our days together which means neither one of us really has time for any personal lives, right?"

"You make a fair point, Stilinski." Avery shrugged, "Let's keep it light. Favourite movie?"

"I don't wanna answer that." Stiles laughed a bit.

"Why not?" Avery chuckled, "It's a harmless question with a harmless answer."

"My answer is embarrassing for a twenty-five year old man."

"Well now I just have to know."

Stiles pursed his lips, rolling his eyes at Avery's question before letting out a sigh.

He murmured his answer very unclearly under his breath— "Love Rosie..."

Avery was stunned silent for a second, and then let out snorting chuckles. "Isn't that a girly rom-com / chic flic?"