EPILOGUE I

6 YEARS LATER . . .

Portland, Maine
Christmas Day, 2030

( i miss you, i'm sorry — gracie abrams )

" you said 'forever' and i almost bought iti miss fightin' in your old apartmentbreakin' dishes when you're disappointedi still love you, i promiseand nothin' happened in the way i wantedevery corner of this house is hauntedand i know you said tha...

i miss fightin' in your old apartment
breakin' dishes when you're disappointed
i still love you, i promise
and nothin' happened in the way i wanted
every corner of this house is haunted
and i know you said that we're not talkin'
but i miss you, i'm sorry "

_______________________________

"COME ON, BELLE!" Stiles yelled as he was finishing up packing his daughter's backpack, "Come on we're gonna be late! Uncle Scott's expecting you any minute!"

The six year old appeared at the top of the staircase, dressed in a fluffy pink Christmas sweater and a Santa hat. She stumbled clumsily down the stairs as she was filled with excitement.

Belle Stilinski— Stiles' daughter. She was six years old now, her skin a light tanned shade, her hair was chocolate brown with ringletty curls. Belle was always smiling— even in her sleep, she smiled.

"Daddy!" Belle yelled with a grin as she got to the bottom of the stairs, "Daddy it's Christmas!"

Stiles gave his daughter a smile, picking her up under her arms and spinning her around in the air. "I know, sweetheart, and Uncle Scott and Auntie Jo are expecting you!"

Belle's smile wavered ever so slightly with a confused frown— she was young enough that she didn't remember the routine for every Christmas. How her dad would drop her off at her uncle's house, and then mysteriously disappear for a few hours— then he'd arrive like nothing happened, never talk about where he went.

So, not remembering that this was a usual thing, Belle asked "Where are you going, Daddy?"

Stiles put her back down on the floor, crouching in front of her to her height, playing with the pom-pom on his daughter's Santa hat while giving her a soft smile.

"Daddy just has to make a quick stop somewhere, okay?" he said, "But don't you worry, I'll be at Uncle Scott's before you even open your first present, I promise. There's just— there's something Daddy's gotta do first, okay?"

Belle's innocent smile returned as she nodded her head with a grin, "Okie dokie!"

Stiles smiled at Belle, picked up her backpack and walked his daughter outside to the driveway, making sure her booster seat was in the passenger side of the Jeep. Whilst listening to the radio which was full of festive Christmas songs, Stiles drove over to Scott and Jo's place to drop off his daughter, before making his one stop.