035 | NOT AFRAID ANYMORE

( not afraid anymore — halsey )

" i am not ashamed anymore
i want something so impure
you better impress now,
watching my dress now
fall to the floor
crawling underneath my skin,
sweet talk with a hint of sin,
begging you to take me
devil underneath your grin,
sweet thing but she play to win,
heaven gonna hate me "

" i am not ashamed anymorei want something so impureyou better impress now, watching my dress now fall to the floorcrawling underneath my skin, sweet talk with a hint of sin,begging you to take medevil underneath your grin, sweet thing but she pla...

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

_____________________________

          AFTER ASPEN'S BULLET WOUND HAD FULLY HEALED, Josephine dropped her and Stiles off at Aspen's hotel. Aspen had to limp a bit through the foyer, leaning on Stiles' broad frame as he helped her into the elevator.

The two of them stepped into the elevator, suddenly feeling the air grow tighter with tension as the steel doors slid shut, leaving them both alone in a very small, crammed space— the only sound filling their air being their breaths.

Aspen's eyes glanced to the side to look Stiles up and down, as he just remained staring ahead, shifting his shoulders a little awkwardly. His messy dishevelled hair was fallen in front of his face, a little sweaty due to the night's events. His jawline seemed sharper than ever as it was clenched with tension.

Aspen tore her eyes away from him as she just prayed for the elevator doors to ding open at her floor, but this seemed to be the longest elevator ride she'd ever been in.

When she looked away, Stiles found his won eyes trailing towards her.

Despite having been shot in the leg that night, Aspen looked as beautiful and majestic as ever, even with Stiles' tux jacket draped over her shoulders like a blanket. She had a bit of dried blood on her face from where her bullet wound had bled out all over her hands, and her hands had then smeared on her face. But even despite all that, Stiles was completely and utterly mesmerised by her.

Everything in the past few months had happened so fast that neither of them had really had a chance to process what it was like being in each other's orbits again.

They'd gone years—six years—without being in each other's lives. But even after all that time, they'd circled their way back to each other, and it just felt... right. Even though everything else in their lives was horribly wrong.

Stiles tore his eyes away as he noticed Aspen wasn't looking back at him— little did he know she had just stolen a glance moments before he had.

The elevator finally opened with the dinging sound, as Aspen let out a breath she was unaware she had even been holding that entire time.

Her and Stiles stepped out of the elevator and walked down the hall in a tension-filled and awkward silence, as Aspen rummaged through her navy blue purse for the room keycard.