*010 | RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT ME

( right where you left me — taylor swift )

i swear you could hear a hair pin drop
right when i felt the moment
stop,
glass shattered on the white cloth,
everybody moved on ❞

❝ i swear you could hear a hair pin drop right when i felt the moment stop, glass shattered on the white cloth,everybody moved on ❞

4 DAYS LATER ( 2018 )
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK

____________________________

EVER SINCE THE BIG FIGHT, Aspen spent her nights sleeping over at Jo's place. She knew she had to talk to Stiles soon, and that their fight wasn't a breakup— so she was relieved when he was the first to break the silence and call her.

He just said he wanted to talk, and asked if she didn't mind meeting him for dinner.

He wanted to apologise and patch everything up— he loved her with his whole heart, he didn't want to lose her over something like this.

So four nights later, Aspen was waiting for him in a restaurant. It was a table in the corner, lit only with a dim lamp, as her knee wouldn't stop bopping up and down with nerves.

She dressed up nicely for the 'date', wearing an elegant black strappy dress, her hair perfectly curled and wearing her signature dark-red lipstick.

She was nervously fiddling with her engagement ring on her finger, staring at the royal-blue gemstone— and everything it represented.

Their love— how strong it was, everything it had overcome in the past, how much she couldn't let it go over something like this.

She looked up when she picked up the sound of the door to the restaurant opening, followed by a quiet male voice speaking to one of the waiters. Her breath hitched when she saw Stiles being pointed over to her table.

He was dressed reasonably nicely too, like he too had wanted to make the effort like she had. He was dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a white button-down shirt— no jacket.

Stiles walked over to the table with a slightly awkward pursed-lip smile. Aspen returned it with the same expression as he took a seat opposite hers at the white-clothed table.

"Hi..." Aspen was the first to speak, letting out a nervous breath.

"Hi..." Stiles replied in the same tone.

Their eyes met, both of them equally as nervous and as sorry as the other. Stiles cleared his throat timorously, shifting in his seat with discomfort.

"You uh—" he said, "You like nice."

Aspen tried to force a genuine smile, nodding her head as she replied—"Thanks, you do too."

Stiles picked up the drinks menu laid in front of him, "Do you, uh— do you want to pick out a wine?"