024 | FROM PEOPLE YOU KNOW TO PEOPLE YOU DON'T

PEOPLE YOU DON'T

( people you know — selena gomez )

" we used to be close,
but people can go from people you know
to people you don't "

" we used to be close, but people can go from people you knowto people you don't "

MANHATTAN, NEW YORK

__________________________

                  STILES WANTED TO ENJOY LIFE AS A FREE MAN, but considering all the extenuating circumstances of his framing and his life right now, it was hard to force a smile on his face.

He'd made it a mission of his to make sure Aspen was safe at any time he could— without being a stalker, that is. He'd made her promise to call him every time she got to work safe and home at night.

Today, he was going to meet Scott at a coffee shop— the old pair of brothers having not really had a proper talk since the trial being overruled. Stiles was staying in the cheapest motel he could find in Manhattan, as he was unemployed and short on money like he had been since quitting CIA.

The Stilinski man checked out of the building and walked out into the busy streets of Manhattan— it was freezing cold out as it was late November, certain small shops were already setting up their Christmas lights and decorations.

Stiles tugged his dark jacket around him as he was hit by the nippy breeze, and reached into his pocket to send Scott a text that he'd be about ten minutes.

He ended up turning down a much quieter street in attempt to make a shortcut to the coffee shop he was heading for. Stiles ran his hands through his long messy hair, letting out a deep heavy sigh of frustration.

He just kept trying to picture her. Sitting at her fancy desk, working at a job she excelled at more than anyone he'd ever known. And as much as it tore his heart out every time he imagined it, he saw her coming home to another man, a man he hoped loved and cherished her as much as he did himself.

While she might not have achieved that life with Stiles by her side— Stiles was happy she got to have it with someone else.

He was not going to let anybody rip that away from her.

Suddenly, as Stiles was about to turn the corner of the quiet alleyway, he was suddenly being gagged around the mouth with a black cloth, making his eyes widen out of their sockets in horror and shock, as he choked for breath.

All he could see were the locks of blonde hair in the corner of his field of vision, and knew exactly who his sudden attacker was.

"Miss me?" he heard the Russian accent he hadn't heard in three years.