Chapter 48

I opened my mouth to speak again, but Beck looked just as speechless as me. I didn't know what else to do except stand there, dumbfounded at what I just heard.

"I'm so sorry," Beck sighed, breaking the silence. He looked genuinely sorry about hearing of my boyfriend's unfaithfulness. "Do you want me to walk you back to the room?"

I nodded and together we walked back into my dorm.

"That was quick," Bella laughed, but her laugh turned into silence as she realized that Beck was walking back with me. I hoped my face didn't reveal everything I was feeling, but I guess it did. "What's wrong?"

I walked over to the sofa and sat down. I didn't know what to do. I pulled my phone back out and looked at it, trying to convince myself that texting him was a good idea.

"What happened?" Bella asked, and I opened up my phone to pull up Ryan's story. I turned the volume all the way up and let her listen to the small clip. "Is that Ryan? Your boyfriend Ryan?"

I nodded, and she covered her mouth in shock. She looked at Beck and then back at me.

"AND HE PUT THIS ON FUCKING SNAPCHAT?! THAT'S HOW YOU HAVE TO FIND THIS SHIT OUT?! I'M CUTTING HIS BALLS OFF!" Bella yelled, standing up in anger.

"No, what do I do?" I asked her, and she quickly grabbed my phone. She pressed the screen a few times and then held my phone in front of her face. I looked and noticed she was calling Ryan on speaker. Before I could protest, I heard his voice. My heart instantly dropped.

"Hey babe, sorry I'm really hungover. I was going to text you."

"Are you still in bed with that skank?"

"What? Who is this?"

"Vivian saw your story. Don't try to cover your ass. We already know. You're, first of all, a dumbass for putting evidence of you cheating on your Snapchat story. You're also, second of all, a liar and a cheater."

The call ended, not a sound coming from Ryan's end. We stood around, and Bella lectured me on how to deal with cheaters for a good five minutes before my phone started to buzz.

"Vivian, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done that, you have to believe me. I was drunk and I didn't mean to. I don't even remember why I did it. I don't even remember the girl. Please, just don't make this bad for us."

"I don't think I can be heartbroken right now. Thank you for calling. I'll get back to you another time. I am a little busy."

"Viv, come on, y-"

"Goodbye, Ryan. Have a nice day."

I got up and walked to the bedroom before throwing myself onto my bed and just laying there. I didn't know how to react. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't believe it. Something just was off about the entire thing. He did admit it, but something made it feel like a dream. Neither Bella nor Beck walked in. I guess they wanted to leave me alone. I decided to text Crystal.

To: Crystal

I saw it. I really don't know how to feel.

From: Crystal

Did you call him?

To: Crystal

well, my roommate did. she really gave it to him. he tried to apologize but i don't know if i want to take him back or not.

From: Crystal

Well, that's understandable. From my own point of view, I'd say to let him explain himself but I don't know if you guys can stay together after this.

To: Crystal

that's kinda what i was thinking. no more boys for a while.

From: Crystal

I'm here for you, but you're going to be okay

I turned my phone off and just lay my head back onto the pillow. A million thoughts swished around my head. Bella walked in a few times and tried to sit with me and say a few comforting words. She even brought me food, but every time she decided it was best to leave me alone. I lay there for so long, I watched the sunset. I didn't know what to do with myself. Finally, I sat up. I grabbed my phone. Hundreds of messages were on my screen. Not all of them were from Ryan. I disregarded them all and went to call.

The phone rang several times.

"Hello?"

"Ronan."

*****

wow ok sorry i haven't updated in months, but college has been super busy for me. it's good and i miss posting so here i am :) maybe more often?

B